Honda Pricing

dadof2

One thing that seems to be true of the more recent scene is that if there was a low cost bike, nobody would want it. Everyone now wants the bike the stars are riding then spends money calming down the power delivery to make it rideable for normal riders :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone buys a bike, based on what the factory riders are riding. Surely just about everyone buys on either recommendation, test ride, or a particular make preference. All the modern bikes are good, some are maybe a bit better, but they all have a different feel, which is a big part of deciding what you like.

I can't believe anyone buys a bike, based on what the factory riders are riding. Surely just about everyone buys on either recommendation, test ride, or a particular make preference. All the modern bikes are good, some are maybe a bit better, but they all have a different feel, which is a big part of deciding what you like.

I really do think it depends on the individual. There are 2 different types of riders/buyer .Those that watch the WTC and take an interest in trials big time competition and the factory riders and those that dont. There are good numbers of both in my club.

Some are swayed by what their favourite stars are riding and some just buy what they like.

Im a marketing mans dream :). They get me everytime ha ha

• Like 1

I really do think it depends on the individual. There are 2 different types of riders/buyer .Those that watch the WTC and take an interest in trials big time competition and the factory riders and those that dont. There are good numbers of both in my club.

Some are swayed by what their favourite stars are riding and some just buy what they like.

Im a marketing mans dream :). They get me everytime ha ha

My favourite rider in WTC is Albert, but I've never bought a sherco. One of my favourite riders in the uk is joe baker, never bought a notagas either, although if I didn't buy Hondas, that would be first choice. I have had fantics, yamahas, beta and a scorpa/Yamaha. But now I'd only really buy Honda/Montesa with a 4t.

Low cost manufacturing and low sales price are very different things. Successful businesses maximize the difference between cost and sales price. I would be wiling to bet the Gasgas frame is a low cost item. Its a few bits of pipe and metal pressings, slapped into a jig then stuck together with MIG, then a thin coat of paint applied. probable cost under £200 but because it is associated with success it sells for not far short of £1000.

Lowish sales price bikes have been made and failed but it would likely be a different matter if a manufacturer like Honda made them

• Like 1

how much do you think Bou gets?

how much do you think Fuji gets?

The montesa hrc racing team per year costs how much?

a myth?

Probably as much from Sponsorship and gifting,as they're paid by the factory.Remember they arn't just given bikes ,they are usually leased from the company(don't know about trials but definately with Honda road racing) and need to be paid for by the team as part of a deal,which includes the riders share of coporate sponsorship and the riders own sponsors cash . So yes a myth ! As i will stick by,they may not be making but they sure ain't loosing .

A quick tale of woe from when i was a kid .(Yawn)

Stood at the Marlboro fag chuck waggon in the pit's at Cadwell park.My uncle is just paying for some fag's when up walks Barry Sheen . He said hello to us ,no fuss ,asked for fags and walked off without paying.Our Mick says "Why's he not paying"?

Answer " Because he's one of our sponsord riders"! Just because he poses in a picture smoking a Marlboro fag.HRC ,Marlboro ,Repsol all the same.They flog it ,we buy it .They benefit.

Edited by shyted