Relative Newbie From Coventry

ourian

Hi Folks

I say relative as a couple of years ago I got myself a '97 GasGas JTX250 and all the gear, joined the ESTC, practiced falling off a bit, did one observation and then stopped riding for the next two years.

Anyway I'm determined to have a better go this time round, I would really like to take up the sport, get more practice in and actually take part in some trials.

Although I've still got the JTX I'm contemplating going twinshock as there's no way at my age (51) I'm going to start rock hopping.

Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you and pick up some tips

All the best

Ian

Hi there Ian. I am a practice member at ESTC although I don't get there nearly enough to practice as it's quite a way from me and you can't go on your own to practice! I also did as you did - went to one trial, broke the bike and myself and left the bike dormant for too long.

My advice is to enter a trial on the easy route and have a go! I find that I don't have a go at stuff when practicing that I will try when in a set out section. It's always amazing what the bike will do if you just try. Send me a message if you want to have a practice buddy sometime!

Hi there Ian. I am a practice member at ESTC although I don't get there nearly enough to practice as it's quite a way from me and you can't go on your own to practice! I also did as you did - went to one trial, broke the bike and myself and left the bike dormant for too long.

My advice is to enter a trial on the easy route and have a go! I find that I don't have a go at stuff when practicing that I will try when in a set out section. It's always amazing what the bike will do if you just try. Send me a message if you want to have a practice buddy sometime!

I didn't even get to enter a trial but I'm more determined to do so this time round, It's a great place to learn and the members are very friendly, went up there a couple of weeks ago to have a look again (didn't ride) but it made my mind up after I remembered all the fun I had.

I haven't renewed my membership yet, I'm going to wait until the new year, but I certainly give you a shout when I start going up again, I'm hoping to take part in their new years trial on the 19th Jan, that's if I can get membership and ACU licence sorted in time.

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

I am also a member of ESTC, started riding this year and have done 2 trials as a novice and try to practice most weekends.

I am 48 and tend to be careful around rocks etc, I ride for fun.

Message me when you join and I'll meet you there. :thumbup:

Mike.

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

I am also a member of ESTC, started riding this year and have done 2 trials as a novice and try to practice most weekends.

I am 48 and tend to be careful around rocks etc, I ride for fun.

Message me when you join and I'll meet you there. :thumbup:

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Sure will give you a shout :thumbup: I never used to know if anyone was going to be there and it is best if you're not on your own.

Cheers

Ian