Tlr Mono

agricon

Hi all

I am considering building a Gollner TLR mono replica as my next "project" (just don't mention it to the wife :chairfall:). However before I decide to take the plunge, I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any info and/or photos of the Gollner TLR200/250 mono.

Details on the net are very limited (I managed to find two grainy photos). Info regarding the type of shock used and details around the front mounting bracket would be very helpful. I know its a long shot but maybe someone has access to some of the original parts?

post-16661-0-12347500-1383861398_thumb.jpg

(I have borrowed this image from the web so I hope the owner doesn't mind.)

Feel free to PM me.

Any info appreciated, thanks.

Saw a Gollner TLR up at Alvie a few years ago, think the lad's name was Gordon from NE Scotland somewhere. He used to be a regular poster on these forums but not seen his name around lately.

I expect Big John will know who I mean.

The shock used was made by Falcon,

and there is a unused modified mono s/arm listed on ebay from time to time,

( Ian at J A M Sport , I think )

I have the tank cover mould ,which is different to the twinshock one, as there is no flared parts for the shocks mounts.

Edited by motomike

The shock used was made by Falcon,

and there is a unused modified mono s/arm listed on ebay from time to time,

( Ian at J A M Sport , I think )

I have the tank cover mould ,which is different to the twinshock one, as there is no flared parts for the shocks mounts.

Hi motomike

thanks for the email. When you say you have the tank cover mould do you mean its the mould that was used to make the cover or you have a tank cover ready to be fitted to a bike? I hope that makes sense

cheers

Hi motomike

thanks for the email. When you say you have the tank cover mould do you mean its the mould that was used to make the cover or you have a tank cover ready to be fitted to a bike? I hope that makes sense

cheers

I have the mould tooling to make the covers,

Also the moulded seat pad tooling

I have a 250 mono in bits at the moment so easy to measure and copy.

Can I ask why you want to build one as I bought this one to use as a twinshock!

Hi 4stroke

It's a good question. Here in NZ, trials isn't as popular as in the UK so the restrictions on bikes is not so severe. As long as you have an aircooled bike you can ride. We have late aircooled GasGasers through to TL's and even some old british bikes competing against each other.

The other reason for wanting to do this is that bike building is fun :hyper:

Regarding your offer of measurements etc, yes please especially the front mount for the shock. Also some good photos be be really appreciated.

I'll pm you a drawing if you don't mind and perhaps you could fill in the measurements for me?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

472696 3730295572666 1790502667 O

bob gollner himself confirmed that this was ridden by chris Sutton, as it has been mentioned before the rear shock was made by falcon, bob told me that the head was fitted with bigger valves and a hotter camshaft but the gears were standard 250 and not changed unlike the 200 were.
  • Like 1

im not sure 4stroke, problem being bob is getting on age wise and he haves trouble remembering all that he has done over the years but it sounded like it was all 250s,

funny thing was the first trial I rode the bike I just happened to park up next to bob as he was unloading I said look what I got his words were "bugger me" I aint seen that bike for 20 odd years that was chris suttons bike!