How Long Before The Penny Drops For Rossi?

colinf

I think Rossi's problem was hinted at earlier this season by JB.He said that compared to Lorenzo Rossi didn't like to ride as close to the edge and needed a slightly bigger margin for error to be comfortable.His problem is compounded by the fact that Marquez leaves virtually no margin for error and they have all had to ride closer to the limit now.Even Rossi is now saying he'll see how things are going 6 or 7 races in to 2014 and decide what he'll do then,i think his head is telling him he'll never get another championship but his heart doesn't want to believe it.

• Like 2

I also think the money and the past don't matter to Rossi. Maybe JB has been passing data to the Lorenzo camp and Rossi's found out hence his actions.Maybe not .

What you are saying there colinf maybe the truth too. What a bloody awful realization that must be if that's it.

What ever ,something 's not right and that's a shame .

I think Rossi's problem was hinted at earlier this season by JB.He said that compared to Lorenzo Rossi didn't like to ride as close to the edge and needed a slightly bigger margin for error to be comfortable.His problem is compounded by the fact that Marquez leaves virtually no margin for error and they have all had to ride closer to the limit now.Even Rossi is now saying he'll see how things are going 6 or 7 races in to 2014 and decide what he'll do then,i think his head is telling him he'll never get another championship but his heart doesn't want to believe it.

yes i agree- his age is playing a part and he isnt as game as he used to be i'd say. its like the trials rider looking at a hairy section and thinking about going to work hurt on monday morning

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Providing nothing daft happens this championship might go to the wire and i think if Rossi is there, it will be a close run thing.

Incidently,getting rid of Jeremy Burgess hasn't harmed Rossi at all. So maybe there was preference being showed to Lorenzo camp and JB had no answer or was holding out on instruction. One thing that hasn't been shared is charisma ,Rest of the pack still don't possess any.

#46 subito !

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reading the beginning of this topic is so much fun now. I stopped a couple of years ago with watching, and now started to look again. Some races are still pretty boring, moto 3 and 2 are quite exciting. But it is getting better!

I cant help it, always liked Rossi, and his style and certain way of smootheness or something.

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can see the frustration eating away at Marquez,and that's because he's realized he can't just beat other world class riders the way he did last year, this season.

Yamaha and Rossi have got the right package to be on term's with Honda / Marquez package,and without doubt that's a good package.

Yamaha still have the slower bike ,but not by as much.

I hope it goes to the wire.

I hope Rossi wins the championship and without any daftness starting i think the fairing bashing will go to the end and that's because they both want the win.

Let me rephrase what i really mean with the last bit of the last sentence,one's trying to win at all cost the other wants it more than anything else.

That sounds a bit stupid but the words trying and want make a hell of a difference in the psychological war that's probably going on between those two and we know who the master of that one is! 

That's only my opinion . SUBITO,SUBITO ROSSI

Edited by shyted

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

It was interesting to re-read this thread ( i stand by everything i said earlier ).A couple of points, no-one ever won a championship on a **** bike.That said Marquez lacked rear "feel" on corner entry on the 2015 chassis despite his rear tyre hardly touching most of the time and his crashes were because he was riding over the limit on a bike that is hard to ride because of its brutal power delivery (where was the nearest Honda most of the season so far?) and Lorenzo has had to have modified tyres to suit his style of riding because the harder Bridgestones affect his corner speed with reduced edge grip.It's a matter of record that the races he's lacked form at are the ones where Bridgestone couldn't supply him with tyres that had been "treated" because of speed or temperature issues.Rossi can ride a good bike very well but can't always live with Lorenzos speed when he's on tyres that suit him.Nice to see Pedrosa doing better now his arms are healing and well done Bradley on Suzuka 8 hrs win.........roll on 2nd half of season!

I think when Marquez was talking about corner entry feel he was referring to the time between the end of heavy braking and the apex / putting power back on. When he is on a chassis he likes he is very fast in this area compared to most if not all other riders.

I think you're right.He said that on the 2015 chassis he couldn't feel the back end when braking and was putting even more weight  on the front in corners which reduced his already very small margin for error,so less miraculous saves and more crashes! Difficult to split  his braking and apex, Bridgestone telemetry showed him braking nearly as heavily on the corner as he does when it's still upright!! I don't think anyone else can ride quite like it. 

• 1 month later...