Ty250 "mono" Carb Jetting.

hughesy

Hi all,

I'm currently rebuilding my Yam which has now had the inlet manifold shortened,flywheel lightened and been ported. So, does anyone have the jet sizes that will get the best out of these mods. I have the standard sizes but also have variations on every jet so can re-jet no problem.

Anybody with a Mick Andrews or a Birkett tuned motor will have had their carb done, I'd be well chuffed if they could share this info with me. :D

Any help most appreciated,

Cheers

Yeah I understand no two bikes are the same RS, but I thought someone might have a modded Yam which I could get a base setting from and go from there.

I performed all the Mods myself using dims etc that I'd taken from my previous Yams that had been "done" by Mick Andrews and from Japanese magzine articles, it's not that difficult is it!?, the skill is in the development/experimentation. Anyone with the correct tools and a bit of care can do these mods. Unfortunately I've mislaid all the carb info, so I suppose it'll be trial and error unless anyone can help.