Extra Novogar Round

bikespace

The Mid Wales Centre will be running an extra round of the 2005 Novogar Championships on 25th September 2005.

As the ACU stated on their website, they have been looking for extra rounds to replace cancelled events, and the Mid Wales Centre have confirmed that they are available to organise on this date.

The Mid Wales Centre Secretary asked me to post the Regs and Entry Form here on TrialsCentral.

This is a joint effort within the centre, not associated with any one club, so things are looking pleasantly healthy on the manpower front.

Original News Article Here

Maps, Rider Lists, Results Etc will be posted in due course on:

Llanfyllin website www.trialspace.co.uk

and

Breidden Hills website www.breiddenhillsmcc.org/

and of course here on Trialscentral :blink:

Novogar_Entry.pdf

Edited by bikespace

Thanks Andy - You've bollocked me before - I learnt my lesson :blink:

One more thing - I've not been asked to shove this bit on here yet, but I'm sure it will crop up soon. If anybody would like to observe a section on the day I'm sure Graham Evans would be glad to hear from you - He's on 01686 625010 (Option1) or graham@davidjonesnewtown.co.uk

Edited by bikespace

BS, seems some riders do not apprecaite the work done "behind the scenes" to get this new round and Bradford's Allan Jefferies round of the NOVOGAR series up and running again after we had to cancel.

Entries came flooding in when we first announced it was back on, however it seems as of tonight we will not have a full entry list, a good entry list, but not full.

If those riders who were thinking of riding and don't wish to could let us know why, we can maybe try and sort out why we aint full.

Remember the NOVOGAR series is also for the clubmen too. In the AJs you get a great days trial in some of the best trialing areas of the UK that is used but once per year.

It would be sad to loose trials like this but without the riders support entry wise it may not be possible to carry on as it takes a lot of planning with organisations like the Yorkshire Dales Nat Park Authority, English Heritage, NYCC, etc, I have to ask

IS IT WORTH IT?

Let the organisers know what YOU want!

If anybody would like to observe a section on the day I'm sure Graham Evans would be glad to hear from you - He's on 01686 625010 (Option1) or graham@davidjonesnewtown.co.uk

BS, would love to but will not be in UK, sorry.

BS, seems some riders do not apprecaite the work done "behind the scenes" to get this new round and Bradford's Allan Jefferies round of the NOVOGAR series up and running again after we had to cancel.

Entries came flooding in when we first announced it was back on, however it seems as of tonight we will not have a full entry list, a good entry list, but not full.

If those riders who were thinking of riding and don't wish to could let us know why, we can maybe try and sort out why we aint full.

Let the organisers know what YOU want!

Has it got a clubman route?

Has it got a clubman route?

That's probably a subject worth discussion. I saw the suggestion recently somewhere, that a second route should be introduced - Was it JD last week?

I've often wondered what a 'clubman' really is these days. I always ride the expert route in any trials, I ride the hard route in the Manx 2 Day (rather than the clubman route), and I've found a few of the Novogar trials pretty challenging.

I'm not saying they should be any easier, because when I've been going round for about 100 marks, the likes of Sagar/Thorpe/Crinson have sometimes been just in to double figures :blink:

But, it does beg the questions, what level does a clubman ride at, and who are our top clubmen?

I'm not sure even if people decide a second route is what is required, whether anything can happen quick enough for the AJ, or even for our trial, but it's a good subject for discussion.

What do people think?

The Novogar sounds and looks like an excellent series to me, and I for one, (when I live in UK) would be dissapointed if I could not ride in it, which at this time I probably could not...I think I would be out of my depth.

SO..(to make a short story longer!)..it would be good news for me at least if there were 2 routes...especially if the 2nd route is REALLY easy..hee-hee :blink::D:D

gonna send entry off today cos it does say first in last away!

trouble with putting a second route in is they then make the top route harder and harder and we end up with a 10 - 15 riders who can do it!. most people can struggle round the course without getting hurt so i think its ok as it is.

Just heard - the event will be known as "The Powys Trophy Trial"

What I will try to do is create a rider list as and when the entries arrive. I'm not receiving them myself so there may be a little delay, but if we can manage it, that'll make the whole process a little more transparent.

I've knocked a few pages together for details/directions etc Click Here and I'll try and keep it as up to date as possible especially nearer the time.

P.S. My entry's in :blink: not that I'm going to be giving you any problems Wayne :D

Bikespace, does it start from that hotel on the corner on the way you sent us to your second round of the club champs? :D in other words, where you drive for about 15-20mins a long those lanes? sorry if that were cofusing!! :blink:

Yep - that's the one as far as I know.

It may be a bit of a ride from the first section to the first group (4 or 5 miles maybe), and the same at the finish, but the route's all got to be decided yet.

I would think it will be close to maximum distance (I think the guideline for Novogar is between 18 and 36 miles).