Jcm Europa Parts

steve_earle

I have searched the forum but all posts relating to parts are years old, I have found Joel's site but it's in French. Before I embarass myself with emailing them, does anyone know if they reply in English.

I'm mainly trying to track down a rear mudguard and perhaps a set of rings. I only have half of the Mudguard as it has been trimmed short but I could re build the missing part then prep it and take a mould so I can replicate some in grp but I would rather have a good plastic one also.

I have googled till my fingeres are sore, I did find them on a french site but they are no longer in stock but they do have usefull other Jcm parts.

Here's the link if it helps anyone else out: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.bmz.fr/boutique/achat/cat-pieces-jcm-1727.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djcm%2B240%2Btrial%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D603

Also found this pic of engine if anyone finds it usefull:

jcm-moteurc-36ae8b6.jpg

The good old Jcm is in a sorry state but it was cheap and complete so I'm going to have to get my finger out if I want to ride it this year.

• Like 1

Try Brian Griffiths Motorcycles in (or near) Hereford. He had a fair bit of JCM stock years ago. You'd need to google for the number / email etc.

Joel Corry speaks good English so if you email the shop in English you should get a reply

Steve Goode was also a JCM dealer so may have some old stock

The Europa engine is I think pretty much the same as the GasGas aircooled motor and, I think, derived from the Bultaco, so not sure if Bultaco rings would do the job?

I wasn't sure if the Vega was another name for the Europa to be honest as I've never seen one. I had an original 323 with the Tau engine and later I had a 240 Europa. About that time I remember a budget version of the Europa coming out called the Weekend which was red and had a rear drum instead of disc I think. I also remember the SR as Rob Sartin was riding one. But never heard of or saw a Vega at the time.

Tony Scarlett rode the Vega for a couple of seasons. I have an early 333 awaiting tender ministrations.

It was the last true JCM before Streit got involved.

Vertigo should look at how advanced the bike was for its him and hire Joel as a design consultant!!

• Like 1

After about 8 months I part ext it for a Yamaha ty250s mono . Steve

Funnily enough, so did I... although Robinsons who I bought it off were complete arseholes when it came to having it back for a Yam. They re-wrote the book of excuses when it came to giving me reasons why the Yam wasn't available at the time. Got a better deal elsewhere luckily.