Jcm Europa Parts

steve_earle

• 2 weeks later...

Woody

The bikes you had were fitted with the Tau engine and linkless rear shock. These bikes were produced from 83 to 86. Scarlett signed for JCM for the 87 season but switched back to a Yamaha for the 88 SSDT. The bike Scarlett rode was the Vega which had I think an adapted villa engine fitted.

Striet JCMs started to appear in 89, it may be the same motor as the Vega and was the same motor as the air cooled gas gas.

I have searched the forum but all posts relating to parts are years old, I have found Joel's site but it's in French. Before I embarass myself with emailing them, does anyone know if they reply in English.

I'm mainly trying to track down a rear mudguard and perhaps a set of rings. I only have half of the Mudguard as it has been trimmed short but I could re build the missing part then prep it and take a mould so I can replicate some in grp but I would rather have a good plastic one also.

The good old Jcm is in a sorry state but it was cheap and complete so I'm going to have to get my finger out if I want to ride it this year.

Hi,

I'am also busy with a JCM Europa from a friend of my. It was in a very bad state. The conrod was bend and the piston had a split ?? (see picture) on the top and side.

I manage to get a new piston at BMZ France, and last year i was on hollidays in France in the neighborhood of Vesoul i went to Joel Corry for some spareparts.

Most of the parts he had were from the early JCM before it went to Streit Racing, it does not happen as often, but this time i was lucky and he found the last green rear mudguard in his stockroom with a lot of dust but without any scratch.

The engine is a Gasgas engine, inside you can see the gasgas partnumbers, and the conrod is replaced by a gasgas conrod.

Some pictures of the JCM

110.jpg 210.jpg 310.jpg 410.jpg

510.jpg 610.jpg 710.jpg

Edited by fantic303

Nice looking bike so far. A cracked piston and bent con rod, Did It sucked in some water at high revs.

Check the alloy spacers either side of the small end bearing for cracks. The old Jcm I rode in the 90's had one break and make a mess of the piston skirt.

Be sure to post some pics of yours on here when Its finished.

My Jcm Has seen better days with a bent swingarm and usual cracks in the frame but it has a quiet sounding engine and is complete minus one third of the rear mudguard.

Im going to restore mine to ride for a bit of nostalga as I rode one very well in my youth years.

I'll get some pics of mine up when I have made some progress on it.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm new here. I recently bought the JCM 240 SR from Conny Gustafsson.

Conny had rebuilt the bike & shipped it to a "friend" of his in the UK for storage.

His friend stored it in a shipping container, the condensation in the container must have been horendous. I bought the bike from Conny & had it shipped up to my place. Conny's advert said the bike was rebuilt & everything was either painted or polished. There was nothing on the bike polished because of the corrosion. Wheel rims u/s, fork stantions u/s, all fasteners u/s, carb u/s.etc, etc.

Conny was very honest with me & told me that he didn't know his friend was storing the bike in the container.

I've been in touch with Joel & he tells me that the bike was built in 1990 & was a Striet JCM & was sold in the UK through Bob Golner.

The bike is stripped to the bare bones now, forks go off for re chroming this week.

I'm going to have the wheels rebuilt with new rims, the rims on the bike were bare ali, not anodised. I've been toying with the idea of gold anodised, any thoughts on this or just stick with new ali ones?

Cheers.