Bvm Stroud

alexlowe

It is far too common a problem, not just in the UK but worldwide I think. I know many shops shut their doors in the USA since 2008, and here in Victoria, Australia we lost 11 shops in just 12 months in 2012. More continue to shut down, however it looks as though the market has settled a little this last year.

Sad for the employees who obviously (from the comments) poured their hearts and souls into servicing the industry, and always sad for the owners I am sure. No good at all.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Well over two years on.. And I've still not got a penny back from Mark Kemp. There are many more like me losing over £2300 pounds. Yes I feel sorry for the staff but Mark Kemp - no. He begged for a larger deposit from people. He took my bike as part ex. We trusted him. He told us face to face how he'd look after us as he took our hard earned money. Some people lost two bikes to his lies. And Harrisons are earning from it as well as Mark still living in his house. Im sure you will argue how great he still is but I, like many others have been royally screwed. At least take a card payment as a deposit if you know your about to go under rather than lie to people. And to ring asking for a larger deposit the week you go under knowing full well the situation. Thousands of pounds lost and no one looks like they y will get a penny back. Never trust anyone.

Well over two years on.. And I've still not got a penny back from Mark Kemp. There are many more like me losing over £2300 pounds. Yes I feel sorry for the staff but Mark Kemp - no. He begged for a larger deposit from people. He took my bike as part ex. We trusted him. He told us face to face how he'd look after us as he took our hard earned money. Some people lost two bikes to his lies. And Harrisons are earning from it as well as Mark still living in his house. Im sure you will argue how great he still is but I, like many others have been royally screwed. At least take a card payment as a deposit if you know your about to go under rather than lie to people. And to ring asking for a larger deposit the week you go under knowing full well the situation. Thousands of pounds lost and no one looks like they y will get a penny back. Never trust anyone.

Ouch!