Suspension Linkages

beta boy

i take it the needles arent suppost ot fall out i must off been cause they where very worn and rusty.

my dog bones dont have a scratch on em dont think the bike has ever been used on rocks the bash plate is in very good condition

Edited by beta boy

Get a larger socket than the outside diameter of the bearing and another that will fit through the dog bone where the bearing sits and push the old bearing out. put the whole assembly into a vice and press the old one out and use the same procedure to put the new one back in, cushty!!! nice and carefull as they are soft cage bearings. Use water resistant grease when putting everything back together.

ps... it helps if two people are involved one to hold the lot still in the vice to start and then the other to operate the vice.

i take it the needles arent suppost ot fall out i must off been cause they where very worn and rusty.

Sounds like my old '99 270TXT. When I stripped it all down to grease everything up, the linkage bearings (and bushes) just disintegrated into rusty dust when I removed the bolts. Guess that accounted for the 20mm of play in the rear suspension!

Rather than wrestle with pressing new bearings into the old dogbones etc., I bought a new pair of dogbones with the bearings already installed. Including assorted other linkage bits and pieces it cost around

When I changed them on my 02 sherco I took the bearing to a local bearing company where they made me new ones and also supplied the sleeves to match. Not sure how much they would cost from gasgas but if I remember correctly I paid only a few pounds for both bearing and sleeve. Hope this may save you a few quid <_<