2003 Brake Lever Adjust Screw?

kurt

On my 2003 290 the frontbrake adjusting is screw is missing.

I tried with the screw and spring from the clutch side but that seems to play in the threaded opening. I think this is also meant to fit a brake light?
I then tried a M5 bolt but this one goes in for max 2 turns without forcing things. Also the end of the thread looks like the bolt should have a pin to go through the smaller end.

Can it be it is a special thread or is it just a dirty M5? I don't like to damage the threath, who knows which adjustiing screw I need?

Also the lens doesn't show anymore the oil level me think, or don't I see it?

post-9517-0-97551400-1391977730_thumb.jpg

That looks like the adjuster for lever reach in the picture so looks normal to me.

If it is the plunger screw you are talking about I think they are m5 size so may just need the threads retapping

Also, in the picture the end of the lever looks snapped, if it is do yourself a favour and buy a new one before that one ends up stuck in your leg or somewhere else equally as painful

Edited by canada280i

The thread of the brake light switch is a standard m5 from memory, the adjuster it fitted into is either m7 or m9x1 from memory, easy to buy an off the shelf aluminium adjuster that fits from any number of dealers