Returning To Trials

blademan98

Hi all,

Now I have reached my late forties, I have decided to give trials another go. I used to ride a TY250 mono but gave it up in the nineties.

I bought a really cheap 16 year old Montesa Cota 311 on Saturday. After stripping the carb and putting in fresh fuel, it started straight up.

A few bolts needed replacing (or adding as they were missing!) and I was ready to go.

A quick blast around the garden to make sure everything was running ok. Then, today, I went over to Mount Farm practice ground (where I am a member) and had a blast.

I learned a few lessons......

1. I am not as good as I was

2. It hurts more now when you fall off

3. A change of clothes is advisable if you are going to fall off on a muddy bank.....

The bike performed well (better than me) and I am looking forward to the weekend when I can have another go!

Cheers

• Like 2

Yep, us olden's don't bounce as well as we did. Having comeback after a 30 year lay-off I got some practice under my belt and entered my first trial for 35years. Amazed how it all comes back to you, 3 laps of 15 sections 1st lap 11, 2nd 7, 3rd 2 dabs , well pleased 17th out of 48 in twinshock class.

Get some practice in then enter a trial, it will seem like you've never been away!

Cheers

Dave