Hello From Eastern Tennessee, Usa And The Smoky Mountains!

gaprunr

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, I thought I should join and try to contribute to give back to the community that has helped me as I have been getting up to speed with our trials bikes.

My better half and I started riding trials a couple of seasons ago in a local club as a way of keeping our motorcycle skills sharp in the off season. We've been bitten by the bug and I even competed in my first ever local event a few weeks ago, and had a really good time.

We started with a 1976 TY250, then found a good deal on a 2003 Gas Gas TXT 280 Edition, and then last fall found an incredible deal on a 2008 Beta Rev 3 125, so we sold the TY250.

We've got a fairly active local community for trials riders, and meet at least every other Sunday during the winter and most Thursday nights once the days get longer.

I hoping I can help in return for the great information I have gotten from this forum!

• Like 3

Good for you. Too bad you are so far away (from Utah). I just met a neighbor (a few blocks away) that has a couple of 78 TY 250s. We went for a ride today on the opposite side of our valley. Beautiful day, sunny and 50°, but way too muddy. We stayed on county roads and still had a rough time. Nice to get out though ... blue sky is a wonderful thing! Hope you and your wife have a great spring ... tell Bob, from BJ Racing, hello for me if you run into him. He just finished doing a great modification on my TY 350 cylinder head.

Hi Gaprunr;

I'm sure your familiar with Bob's ITSA events (which always are FANTASTIC !!!) and the STRA events , But there is also the MTR series , http://metrolinatrials.com/ that maybe closer for you , and of course the CVOTC (http://cvotc.org/joomla/) that has great events too !

Keep your feet up and have fun ! That's what we are here for !

Glenn