Sad Day For Montesa Fans

Andy

Yep Montesa has been a Honda with Montesa stickers for years.

But maybe with the "name change" we could see Honda 4RT Trials bikes in the USA Honda dealerships????

(It would be good for the sport but I still won't buy one of those overpriced heavy lumps.

Hey zippy how are you ?Here's a pic for you.

Ted.post-16629-0-94226800-1397251802_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Eddie you may have a point there, we will see when they release the 2015 model info.

Maybe this is good for Montesa, they can now go back to making 247's. "New" vintage bikes may be the next big trend.

So new bike release this year might have upset the Honda execs? Just thinking politics here... If i was fronting the bill and not getting my fair share of the credit that would probably upset me too.

I don't think this is the last of the montesa name. One thing the trials world is good for is re-living the past. Ossa.... the 2014 GG replica.... all of the retro clothing out there.....

If triumph brought back a modern ish bike and called it a Cub a die hard group would knock their doors down with a fury that the company had never seen.

If yamaha brought out a ty175 label on a Scorpa in classic majesty colors omg a good number of you would be sleeping on the couch for a month because you showed lack of compassion toward the family budget. I might be part of that population. :)

Give it some time. Honda isnt dumb. Let people mourn then BAM!!! VIVA is back and there is a sales spike.

Kinda waiting for Fantic to stop making coffee makers and do this.... Apparently there is still more money in coffee than trials. :/

--Biff

• Like 4

So new bike release this year might have upset the Honda execs? Just thinking politics here... If i was fronting the bill and not getting my fair share of the credit that would probably upset me too.

I don't think this is the last of the montesa name. One thing the trials world is good for is re-living the past. Ossa.... the 2014 GG replica.... all of the retro clothing out there.....

If triumph brought back a modern ish bike and called it a Cub a die hard group would knock their doors down with a fury that the company had never seen.

If yamaha brought out a ty175 label on a Scorpa in classic majesty colors omg a good number of you would be sleeping on the couch for a month because you showed lack of compassion toward the family budget. I might be part of that population. :)

Give it some time. Honda isnt dumb. Let people mourn then BAM!!! VIVA is back and there is a sales spike.

Kinda waiting for Fantic to stop making coffee makers and do this.... Apparently there is still more money in coffee than trials. :/

--Biff

Montesa is still here- it's only the factory team thats changed its name.