Ty175 11T Front Sprocket

ourian

Wow! I just did some reading on some of the threads for 2 stroke oil! Followed a link to some great explanation that answered my questions. Basically what constitutes a great oil for a high revving motor cross bike all be it expensive and high tech, it appears it may actually be not so good for an older trials bike due to deposits left behind in lower rpm / lower temperature operation causing some undesired things like plug fowling and build up in the head and exhaust ports. A very interesting and informative read. I looked through 2 shops today and there were no W3 rated oils. I guess good old basic petroleum based 3W oil will be the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Ourian is a genius!!!!! I spent and whopping $13/US for a new 11-tooth sprocket and waiting by the mailbox for it to arrive. GOt it today, put in on and dropped one link off, plus trimmed the washer, as suggested. The first time around the yard and my bike feels TOTALLY different! It must be in my head, but now full loack turns seem MUCH easier. I will really see tomorrow at a vintage trials event. Thanks so much for the great suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

Both sprockets and chain were past due so today I installed a 12 and 55. It works great but puts the link count at an odd place where one extra link off would be too little but the one extra link used 75 % of my available adjustment.

Result is good - though at this point of my experience I must admit the effect is somewhat wasted on me as it seemed super low before. I suppose it will benefit our learning curve not to have to struggle to overcome the limitations of the taller gearing. Learning off the experience of others is usually a pretty good thing.

Both sprockets and chain were past due so today I installed a 12 and 55. It works great but puts the link count at an odd place where one extra link off would be too little but the one extra link used 75 % of my available adjustment.

You need to fit a half link to give you more adjustment