5 Or 3 ?

cabby

I love the way people come on here and list about 10 different reasons why no stop doesn't work, yet still insist it's the best system

& daft buggers like you think stop allowed is any different, watch any video of a top lad riding a hard section stop allowed & they'll go backwards 1/2 a dozen times

the solution is sections that we can ride, not ones that we dream we can ride.

Edited by perce
  • Like 1

100% agree with Perce. The right sections for the right event and the right riders riding in the right status of events. Problem is every Tom , Dick and Harry thinks that every Trial should be for them to ride in. Used to be you built up to riding in National events, now everyone expects the level to be so low my Granny could ride it, and she's been dead 25 years.

Nobody will ever convince me that going to no stop rules has made any event better. The mentality of setting out more suitable sections is helping no end. In the British Championship the atmosphere is better, not because of the rules but because we are all working together rather than pulling in opposite directions.

My honest opinion is that Trials has almost lost the sport aspect. The vast majority don't have the ability or the desire to compete, they just want to get out there and ride their bikes but that doesn't mean we should be called elitist when we try to put on events for the ones who do want to achieve something.

In answer to the initial post it should have been 5.

Quick point in any protest or appeal in ACU events video evidence is not allowed for the very reason that it can be misconstrued as several have in this topic

Daft bugger I might be but that doesn't make me wrong, it doesn't mean I don't understand and it doesn't mean I am incapable of listening to other points of view even if they are as misguided as Copemech

100% agree with Perce. The right sections for the right event and the right riders riding in the right status of events. Problem is every Tom , Dick and Harry thinks that every Trial should be for them to ride in. Used to be you built up to riding in National events, now everyone expects the level to be so low my Granny could ride it, and she's been dead 25 years.

Nobody will ever convince me that going to no stop rules has made any event better. The mentality of setting out more suitable sections is helping no end. In the British Championship the atmosphere is better, not because of the rules but because we are all working together rather than pulling in opposite directions.

My honest opinion is that Trials has almost lost the sport aspect. The vast majority don't have the ability or the desire to compete, they just want to get out there and ride their bikes but that doesn't mean we should be called elitist when we try to put on events for the ones who do want to achieve something.

In answer to the initial post it should have been 5.

Quick point in any protest or appeal in ACU events video evidence is not allowed for the very reason that it can be misconstrued as several have in this topic

Daft bugger I might be but that doesn't make me wrong, it doesn't mean I don't understand and it doesn't mean I am incapable of listening to other points of view even if they are as misguided as Copemech

Sir Wren, I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but this is SSDT! All ride the same line as the top riders, and mostly sportsmen!

What happens there stays there! All this BS is deja vu anyway, what one or two years ago same thing happened when someone videoed Dougie bounce back off a rock.

It all finds its balance, if you think others did not get slack cut during the week. Truth be known I doubt any them top lads actually got by with the weekly score in single digits or teens that have occurred over the years.

Don't take my word, ask Dougie what he thinks!

I see you are currently bikeless so I have an assortment of Demobrooms in the dustcloset you can ride.

Meanwhile, there are prob a couple hundred in the group that are trying their best and having a ride without someone busting their baws! Keep it up!

Be as strict as you like on the top national riders in other events with dedicated lines. That is the game they came for. :beer:

Maybe the rule needs more detailed explanation to allow it to be administered with less subjectivity. What about emphasising the stop as the fault? Continual movement with feet on the pegs being allowed, even sideways or backwards. With rules as they are it has to be a 5. Doesnt matter if the observer marks them all the same because the next observer may have a stricter interpretation and then if Dabill has a similar ride he gets a 5 and fairness is out the window. Too much pressure on observers when scores are so low and stakes so high. You have to be strict with the top guys though. They dont need a break the way the clubmen do. Maybe the top 20 should be seeded riders, wear coloured number boards and expect no favours!

Nobody will ever convince me that going to no stop rules has made any event better.

The Scott & the SSDT went No Stop in the mid / late 90's, prior to this both were struggling for numbers yet both have run at a maximum entry since, coincidence? Could their improved popularity have been down to what I would describe as the 'Dougie Bubble'? Top Gear also gave Trials a lot of exposure just before / around this time.

My honest opinion is that Trials has almost lost the sport aspect.

Hhhhmmmmmm...... got a few thoughts on this myself, it might have something do with why the only Trials I'll be doing in the near future will be with a gun dog. I do think the rules argument is extremely silly, splitting what is already a very marginalised sport, trials has far more serious problems.

Anyway, watch this

check rider #207 multiple 5's under any rules you fancy but he'll get two 3's up that pig of a double sub for trying, if you ain't Observed or ridden an SSDT you wont have a clue why.
  • Like 2

The observer in question has been so concerned about the fallout from this video that they're talking about not coming back. The SSDT needs observers more than it needs pointless debates on the internet. Topic closed.

• Like 9