Video Ssdt 2014 Saturday

guys

My use is not for commercial gain and is therefore covered a under model aircraft use and CAA light touch regulations. I am a BMFA member and have public liability insurance.

Essentially, the person controlling a small UAS is fully responsible for the safe operation of any flight, but it is important to consider whether a permission (not a licence) from the CAA is needed.

You must request permission from the CAA if you plan to:

• fly the aircraft on a commercial basis (i.e. conducting ‘aerial work’)
    or
  • fly a camera/surveillance fitted aircraft within congested areas or closer (than the distances listed within Article 167) to people or properties (vehicles, vessels or structures) that are not under your control

Permission is not required if:

• the aircraft will not be flown close to people or properties, and you will not get ‘valuable consideration’ (i.e. payment) from the flight, then a permission is not needed;

Permission is also not required for ‘practice’ or demonstration flights. However, the other requirements of Articles 166 and 167 must still be complied with, and it must also be ensured that no one is endangered while flying the aircraft.

The regulations are intended to protect people and / or properties that are not involved in the activity. They are also aimed at being as ‘light touch’ and proportionate as possible, so there is a great deal that can be done (especially for private or recreational flights) without the need to approach the CAA at all.

• Like 3

My use is not for commercial gain and is therefore covered a under model aircraft use and CAA light touch regulations. I am a BMFA member and have public liability insurance.

Essentially, the person controlling a small UAS is fully responsible for the safe operation of any flight, but it is important to consider whether a permission (not a licence) from the CAA is needed.

You must request permission from the CAA if you plan to:

• fly the aircraft on a commercial basis (i.e. conducting ‘aerial work’)

or

• fly a camera/surveillance fitted aircraft within congested areas or closer (than the distances listed within Article 167) to people or properties (vehicles, vessels or structures) that are not under your control
Permission is not required if:

• the aircraft will not be flown close to people or properties, and you will not get ‘valuable consideration’ (i.e. payment) from the flight, then a permission is not needed;
Permission is also not required for ‘practice’ or demonstration flights. However, the other requirements of Articles 166 and 167 must still be complied with, and it must also be ensured that no one is endangered while flying the aircraft.

The regulations are intended to protect people and / or properties that are not involved in the activity. They are also aimed at being as ‘light touch’ and proportionate as possible, so there is a great deal that can be done (especially for private or recreational flights) without the need to approach the CAA at all.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but these are the issues that the CAA may have cause for concern.

c)

within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or

d)

subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

Yea, don't forget me!

thats not humanly possible... :icon_salut::rolleyes:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but these are the issues that the CAA may have cause for concern.

c)

within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or

d)

subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

Knowing Bigfoot he'll have done everything necessary to cover himself and whatever he's doing..

Edited by slapshot 3