Ama/natc's Poor Promotion Skills

city trials

A US National (actually two) happened this weeekend and our prime organizations dropped the ball again.

Where was the press release, where are the results?

Doesn't all these members of the NATC who have a financial stake in the sport know how to promote their riders?

Nothing from Gas Gas, nothing from Sherco, nothing from Beta, nothing from Montesa, nothing from Scorpa. Nothing from Trials Comp. All these busineses make money from riders selling stuff, yet nothing.

Craig, you been reading that "how to win friends and Influence enemies" book again? :wall:

Maybe so Alan. I knew I wasn't alone in my thought's, I'm just one of a few who will speak out and say, what's going on?

If you read the Trials Comp board, my 71 year old father is fighting for life in a hospital critical care unit this past weekend. He got out Saturday. So, I couldn't join Noel and Patrick and so I couldn't get a story or photos up on my time and dime no less.

But I could have copied the results from the NATC website or any of the other company websites listed above and posted the results here.

Not to worry, I will look into travelling to New York this next weekend for the final two rounds, given a chance I can get a rare press pass?

Edited by City Trials

I did read that, glad to hear he is out and I am guessing better.

You are just always so subdued and quiet that it supprised me to see this post..... :o

Maybe this is an area that the new trials organisation USMTA will play up to assist in promoting the sport within the US.

Maybe we can get some folks that are on here agreeing that that is a poor show, to pitch in and write 2 articles a year about trials and submit them to the various places that publish them to widen our scope. (Balls in your court Mickey) :wall:

Maybe we need to get 10 people to agree to write reports for events and send them into the UMTA who could then send them out to the other publicity outlets.

I am not sure who is doing the publicity coordinator slot for UMTA, but I bet you would be a prime candidate Craig if you would be willing to do it.

Unfortunately, as you are well aware, there are many folks that will jump up and down about how something should be done and the room gets mighty quiet when you ask "Who is going to do it?"

I'm not a reporter. My Mom's been in the hospital for 8 weeks.

I'm very close to dropping out of trials anyway,,,,,,,no time and elderly

parents are more important.

I try to stay in touch just to keep a little sainity,,,,,,,,,