2015 Mont

jj65

Two stroke Cota in 2016...???? Go and grab a bar of soap and wash those words out of your mouth!!! (sudsyWink) Hehehehehe.

Luv ya thinking on the gold rims.... they would look great on the standard Cota now in my opinion. Just add stainless spokes and anodise the radiator supports gold to match wheels.

The triple trees in "tank red" would be ok also.... or anodised gold? One man's beauty can be another's fugly though...

Mags

http://www.todo-offroad.com/2014/05/la-montesa-sta-gia-preparando-la-nuova.html

2015 only Little changes, 2016 perhaps totaly new and two stroke ?

I want a standart Cota 4RT in Honda colours White blue red with golden rims...

A 2 stroke would go against Hondas corporate policy, made many years ago. (I would have thought you'd be more likely to see an electric bike before a 2t) a 2t engine would cost quite a lot with efi as it would only be used in a trials bike, where as a 4t taken from an other model (like the 4rt was) with a new top end and gear box would be cheaper.

What I'd like to see from a new model would be:

A separate oil filter access cover.

A throttle body as standard (with a USB port and dongle with several different maps, for different standards of rider)

Air filter acces like the sherco's.

Loose a bit of weight without loosing the quality and strength (easy on a 4rt, as these parts are steel, exhaust system, fuel tank base, throttle body etc, mounting brackets and too many nuts and bolts used than are necessary)

A factory HRC race kit for the experts

I also would like to see Honda colours. (Like my old 4rt)

But I think we'll have to wait atleast another year for something NEW.

post-14348-0-83097100-1402907603_thumb.jpg

Edited by jj65
  • Like 2

but not a 20th anniversary fuji next year jj65.....lol

From the man himself.....

"I am very happy to be able to make the announcement that I will be part of the Repsol Honda Team one more season. Since I was 16 years old I have had a contract with Honda and with them I will compete my 20th year in the World Championship. It is for this reason that I am very proud of being able to continue with Honda. Renewing a contract at this day and time is very important to me and is, without a doubt one more reason that motivates me to compete. I am also very happy to hear that Toni Bou has been renewed; he is the team’s number one and a good friend. This is a great team, the best in the Championship."

So why not ;0)

• Like 2

From the man himself.....

"I am very happy to be able to make the announcement that I will be part of the Repsol Honda Team one more season. Since I was 16 years old I have had a contract with Honda and with them I will compete my 20th year in the World Championship. It is for this reason that I am very proud of being able to continue with Honda. Renewing a contract at this day and time is very important to me and is, without a doubt one more reason that motivates me to compete. I am also very happy to hear that Toni Bou has been renewed; he is the team’s number one and a good friend. This is a great team, the best in the Championship."

So why not ;0)

well he's wrong because his first trial was in 1996.....

well he's wrong because his first trial was in 1996.....

Count the years...

• Like 6

the google translation of the text from the Tarticle is:
The Montesa-Honda announced through a press of Honda Motor Europe, which in 2015 will continue the production of the Cota 260 4rt. We still know little or nothing about how will be the new montesa, what is certain is that it will continue to be available, the two versions that will be marketed from the beginning of September. Honda has announced changes at both the chassis section that bike but still has not leaked any more precise information about it. As far as the engine will continue on the road to 4 times PMG-FI electronic fuel injection, already tested last year by the two riders HRC Fujinamy and Bou. Since last April, the Montesa's racing department was taken over directly by the HRC under the name of the Repsol Honda Team, it will not be moved by the establishments Montesa-Honda neither the staff nor even the headquarters of the company. The Honda is at pains to specify that these changes have no consequence in the commercial sector and that the model will continue to be marketed under the brand Montesa. Good news for fans of Cota 4rt but a big disappointment for those who believed that the Montesa could finally go back to maybe 2 times with an innovative system with electronic fuel injection.