Newbie From Belper Derbyshire

farmerdan

Evening all, just thought I'd say hello. Had bikes previous but never trials and not sure why haha. Just bought myself a gas gas pro a couple of weeks ago. Couple of problems but been searching the forum and it help loads. Thanks all

• Like 1

Hi, I live in burton on trent so just down the road, i'v just bought a gas gas but have been riding a sherco for about 5 or 6 months, i have made some great friends in just a small amount of time and learning to ride a trial bike is the best thing i have done for a very long time, i'm meeting up with some of them tomorrow at loughborough for a two day trial and some beers at night, we are camping out for the night, we all go to earl shilton to practice, it's good for all levels of rider.

Welcome from downunder!

Some great videos in the vid area and the tip and technique section, if you have not seen them already!

Some basics (ignore if doing this already)...

Only one finger on clutch and brake levers. If a bit tiring at first use two but shift to one as soon as possible.

Knees bent and slightly apart, arms slight bent and relaxed. Keep whole body generally relaxed.

Look ahead further when beginning and slowly bring back area of focus closer in, especially up longish, steep runs.

Static balance is your best friend. You can practice that with motor off and inside home... we do!

Slow Figure 8's are your next best friend.

Enjoy!

Mags

• Like 1