New To Trials & Not Sure What Bike For Son

frank3323

hi guys, im frank, im brand new to trials, more used to riding & building / modifying Harley's! i have a Beta 200 & i am looking for a bike for my 8 year old, i have decided on an OSET to begin with..., but, he has never ridden before, he is a small 8 years old and i really dont know if i should get a 16 or a 20??? the 16's are cheaper second hand & i can resel in a year if he likes it for something bigger, but will it be too small, i am struggling to 'measure' him upfor a bike, due to the nature & shape of the bikes! any help much appreciated & i look forward to a bit of banter and learning a bit from here. Cheers.

I would tend to agree with Heffegren about the larger bike. Room to grow into and the bigger wheels roll over things much easier.

Best thing would be to get him on a bike of each size, even at standstill, and see how it first. Does it look like he is reaching for some ape hangers, or crouching down for clip-ons. Either extreme is not good. If still uncertain remember, he is not likely to grow smaller with age.