Trials In San Francisco Bay Area, California

slug

Just thought I would introduce myself here as I have interested in trials bikes for a few years. I am now determined to purchase my first trials bike within the next few months...as soon as I can save up enough. I have never ridden a trials bike but I rode a lot of BMX and FMB and learned some of the basic trials bicycle principles over the years. I may be underestimating a 150lb motorcycle but I assume some of the same principles apply. I grew up on dirt bikes and ride on the street but this will be my first trials experience.

Open to suggestions and advice on purchasing my first trials bike, as well as any input you all might have regarding the trials community out here in California...specifically the SF bay area. BTW Im 6'2" 205lbs it that matters and have a budget of 2.5-3k.

Thanks in advance.

Mike,

Thanks for the info. Saw that on the local craigslist just minutes before. I wish I could make it up there but unfortuntely I already have plans for the weekend. I will be sure to check back for future events.

Aside from craigslist does anyone have suggestions for other trials specific classifieds?

Welcome to a great forum!

I've been riding since 11 yrs and 55 now. Mainly road with some off-road thrown in, especially when younger. My first real trials motorcycle was earlier this year. I did try and convert a 125ccc trail bike into a trials bike when a young'n by getting biggest sprockets available and cutting headlight off et cetera with hacksaw and file. I wouldn't let my mum wash my Mick Andrews shirts!

You won't believe the difference to your low speed road riding if you get addicted to trials! Enduro riding even more so!

Have a peek in the training and technique section for some great vids for beginners!

You start out with static balancing the bike and some fig8's in an ever decreasing radius using well established technique and bike/body posture. Can get a bit boring but in reality its essential.

Enjoy the journey...

Mags