Marzocchi Fork Springs

nicos

dabster,did you notice any difference with the stiffer fork spring or didnt you leave it in long enough?

I am mostly interested to see if you noticed the front end staying higher in its stroke.

thanks!

the raga has a preload adjuster on the right fork leg.

you should be able to fit this on your fork since they are identical otherwise!

dabster I also found out today that there are three different part numbers for coil spacers!

Tim from splatshop promptly answered my e mail regarding spring lengths but said they never had any complaints from customers who baught the jitsie stiffer springs!

after I mentioned its for an 2011 raga he asked if I was sure the standard spring was 330mm.

havent checked yet and gonna look a right goon if thats not the case...!

anyone know the spring length in the forks of a 2011 raga...?

I didn't leave it on long enough nico, I knew something was amiss immediately when I heard the clicking sound from the fork leg on rebound. I took the bike straight home and removed the jitsie spring. What I can say that may be of help to you is I uprated the back rieger spring and I noticed exactly what you say, the suspension staying higher in it's stroke. What's more, with the softer spring I was more aware of the damper action and couldn't really feel the spring so much but now much more aware of the strength of the spring if that makes sense. If you watch the promo video of Lampkin on the Vertigo there is a shot where he rides up the hill goes onto his front wheel kicking that the back round and when he lands you can see the action of his rear spring; my bike feels more like his looks now since I have put the harder spring on, the rebound is much improved and I can actually get some decent lift from the back when I get my weight of the pegs. Most noticeable (positive) change I have made to the bike so far!