Tell Me Model Year Beta Differences

19delta

Hi! I rode a 2003 Rev3 270 for 7 years and was very happy with it.

14 months ago I swapped over to a 2011 EVO250.

The Rev rode wonderfully, and it would just pull from very small throttle openings. The rear suspension was really good (took the p**s compared to the 280TXT I had before!), I only changed bikes as I wanted something more modern. On the Rev I had to change the water pump casing due to corrosion, and did a top end rebuild with crank bearings and seals, mainly because I felt sorry for it!

I tried several bikes when I was looking - 2012 GasGas 125s, 2013 GasGas 300, 2010 4RT and the Evo. I chose the Evo as I felt right at home on it straight away.

The Evo was an eye opener! The 250 engine has way more power then the 270, and pulls almost as well low down. The front end was the biggest change, it is so much lighter then the Rev, and you feel that it constantly wants to lift the front wheel , but after a couple of rides, you soon adapt your riding position.

So far on the Evo I've had to replace the front brake master cylinder due to physical damage, and stripped the carb down a couple of times due to dribbling fuel.

The 250cc engine on the Evo is spot on for anything I can ride, and would recommend one to anyone.

• Like 2