Sherco Adjustable Suspension

simonpick

As a courtesey to others you could just have left this under your other post on the same basic topic....

What would you like to adjust?

There are some adjustments available on the Sherco suspensions, preload, strength of spring, weight of oil, air bleeders, air pressures that most Sherco riders find satisfactory to their needs.

I know RYP had rear shocks with adjustable dampening available as aftermarket pieces.

I know that some of the factory bikes had the dog bone mounts extended to change leverage points, or ratios.

I know some folks have changed delta links to change the ratio's / feel of the back end.

I know that using / changing the through the various lengths of swingarms that are avialable can provide very different feels to the suspension.

I believe that most trials bikes use the same diameter fork tubes (or triple trees at least) so I guess it would be plausible though I seriously doubt practical to change the front end over.

I know on the MX bikes a wide variety of valving etc. is done to the front forks, and I am sure with enough money that technology can be applied to the Sherco forks.

But on a more serious note, just taking a Swag, I would bet your money would be best spent insuring that the existing Sherco suspension is set up spot on with fresh oils, springs, bearing's and grease, and if you have money left over, use it to buy petrol to practice on.

Just my 2 cents.

Go to your local bike shop who you work with, and ask. If you have established a good working relationship with these folks, that will be the best.

www.rypusa.com has a lot of information as well on their online store. They do ship overseas if you are not able to find the parts locally, I am not sure where they are getting the lighter springs from.

I lightened the spring for Dean's myself on the belt sander because I wanted it lighter than the black available from RYP. That and I am cheap and had a couple extra yellows and more time than money. It was not as nice as a surface ground spring, but it was good enough for what it was for. At some point I probably induced stress fatigue points in it, but as I did it, and it will break on us, I was not too worried about it.

Go speak with your local bike shop and see what they have available.