Jotagas 2014

evo boy

You take a chance whichever unless you have a Montesa. And then you pay though the nose. Recent events at Gas Gas and OSSA prove that. As it stands the Jotagas is liked by Chris and will be staying being supplemented by a whichever new bike Chris likes most in the summer, New JGas, TRS or Vertigo. These makes are basically backed by individuals which because of the nature of the market seems the best way to go at the moment.

Edited by telecat
  • Like 1

Ive never had a problem getting anything. One guy i know couldnt get a rose joint for the top of the Olle shock ......but didnt contact Olle.....and couldnt work out that its a item available at bearing stockists......so just moaned.

Theyre a tiny factory so there's going to be delays on some parts.Its obvious.

Lets face it ...for most people we trundle around sections and dont give the bikes a hard time at all. I dont worry about the slight chance ill not be able to get a part that im not going to break in any case . Thats daft.

I think that if there is a "problem" it's that no dealers carry stock. You can get the parts direct and Jitsie seem to be supplying now as well. My "local" guy seems well stocked but it would depend on how many bikes are about in your area as to what is carried. General parts like fork seals and brake parts are common so they are not a problem.

Going to many Gas Gas and Beta Dealers and they have stock of the parts they know "go" and they will need to service the bikes. At dealers that carry the new marques they have to "guess".

Edited by telecat

Just a note on the oil ratio, I recently bought my son a Beta Evo 125 2014, the dealer said to run it at 75:1 and that my Jotagas 300 2014 would also be fine on this ratio so as not to confuse fuel cans. I can tell you that the Jotagas does not like 75:1 at all and I was having to clear her throat all the time like a motocrosser, so I would suggest reading the manual and staying with a good fully synthetic oil at 100:1, I went back to this and the Jotagas runs perfectly again.

I run 100:1 synthetic (GRO) with no problems and having seen the oil collection around the piston skirt and crank after idling and pottering at trials like revs, I was amazed at the amount of oil that lined everything. I am down under in Oz and have not had a problem with parts, so I suspect much of it depends on your dealer not the factory or suppliers to the factory (given the similarity in common parts used across similar marques). Ride and Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep that's normal for this "type" of engine/gearbox. There are only the Original and a "V" grooved plug that fit the JGas I'll look up the number tonight. The Original is a BPMR6A with the grooved been a BPMR6Y I think. Some prefer the Champion RCJ8Y. It's a stumpy plug compared to others and needs a different spanner to get it in and out. We run about 1mm gap as it runs a bit rough at any less.

Edited by telecat

We run the V groove version. I was going to check the type but had a mare last night with a flat and foam inflater just not working. one and a half hours for recovery and I still have to source another car tyre! I will see what I can do to make sure the V groove number is correct.

The engine is like the Gas Gas with a Similar gearbox which is why you get a "rattle" when the clutch/gears are not engaged.

Edited by telecat