Riding In Northern Ireland

toetoe

I could be going to visit two friends of mine in northern Ireland, i was thinking of taking my bike to ride in a local event, close to where they live, do i need to make my self a member of the MCI or can i sign on as a visitor for the day, from what i can see my ACU is not valid there.

Thanks Eddie, iv had a reply from a club and they are a AMCA club so if I take part in one of their events I will just have to pay £5 membership and £20 to enter, no license required but if I went somewhere else it would be MCUI and that would mean paying £10 for a day license or £30 for a year, the club I’m interested in mentioned ACU but they would have to pay extra for insurance so they’re not to keen on that, thanks for the website link, very helpful.

i would be looking for white route/novice, i'v only just managed to finish a trial and that was at earl stilton, besides the people who retired i came last with 151 points but i was so happy that i actually finished a trial and really enjoyed the day, the points didn't matter so thats what i would be hoping for, something on the same lines, i plan on going around march/april time so the weather would be better and i can take the misses and my friends with me for the day, i sent an email to mototrialin.com and a guy named Robert Crawford replied back with some very useful information, it sounds like their events are aimed more at having fun, more than serious competition and that would cost me £25 for the day, £5 membership and £20 to enter, thanks again for the information.

As a novice I have been dragging a pre 65 around the C class at the last couple of mototrial ni events, and can't recommend them highly enough. The focus is on a good day's fun, the venues have been great, the sections are manageable, and everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Since the club started there has been a huge increase in interest with over 150 bikes of all classes at the last event. If you are going to be in NI then I'd definately recommend that you give it a go.

As a novice I have been dragging a pre 65 around the C class at the last couple of mototrial ni events, and can't recommend them highly enough. The focus is on a good day's fun, the venues have been great, the sections are manageable, and everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Since the club started there has been a huge increase in interest with over 150 bikes of all classes at the last event. If you are going to be in NI then I'd definately recommend that you give it a go.

that sounds like just the thing i was looking for, nothing serious and something i can take my friends to, i must admit, the visit to Ireland didn't involve me taking my bike but any excuse to ride some where different, meet new people and have some fun,i'm there.