4rt Clutch

big dave

dose anyone know how i can make the clutch on my 4rt more progressive. i have already changed the standard master cylinder for the larger one, but still find it a bit instant, and hard to slip and bring in progressivly. the engine drive disengages completly the momment my finger touches the lever. i think i read somewhere on this site about cutting 2 mm off a part of the clutch but i cant find it anywhere. overall very happy with bike. sorting the clutch out will make it perfect.also have herd rumour of clutch changes for 06 model.anyone know about that?

I believe the internals of both master cylinders are the same. Just the size of the resorvoir(sp)has changed. I ground and reshaped the actuator 2mm and it brings the engagement closer to the grip. Oil is very critical I use Silkolene 75w off road. Pick an oil and stick with it. My clutch is very smooth and progressive. Good luck.

Big Dave, remove your clutch lever and the rubber dust seal from the clutch master cylinder. You will find a short pin that fits between lever and m c plunger. One end is rounded, grind off 2mm and reshape like it was. If you grind off too much you can adjust with lever screw. Hope this helps, once you tear into it it will be easy to understand.