New Importer

bones

So ! 

With the announcement from TRS yesterday and the total lack of information given by JTG about the possibility of a new importer does this mean that we should all just ditch our bikes and buy something with a bit of stability !!

Is there anyone with any information !!!!!!????

It's all very quiet. Even if they is somebody looking to take JGas on They will wait for 2016 Bikes I would think. I do know that the potential importer I flagged a while back decided not to carry on.

What is the point of posts like this?

It appears to simply fuel speculation of the imminent demise?

Then youve read it correctly.

Andrew ..as you know ive been a die hard supporter of the brand , however things have changed.

The company is now not good in so many ways.

This is the reason why there is no UK importer.

Its me that people ask every few days . Emails - facebook , texts etc about the firm. People , mostly customers and importers want to know whats going on. The company dont answer emails so people ask me .JGas will never tell you anything. They do not communicate.

Im no longer going to defend them when they are self destructing and are oblivious to any customers needs or enquiries.

It's a great bike but It's a sad state of affairs with the company.

It's a real pity.

The public deserve a little more.

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 1

Then youve read it correctly.

Andrew ..as you know ive been a die hard supporter of the brand , however things have changed.

The company is now not good in so many ways.

This is the reason why there is no UK importer.

Its me that people ask every few days . Emails - facebook , texts etc about the firm. People , mostly customers and importers want to know whats going on. The company dont answer emails so people ask me .JGas will never tell you anything. They do not communicate.

Im no longer going to defend them when they are self destructing and are oblivious to any customers needs or enquiries.

It's a great bike but It's a sad state of affairs with the company.

It's a real pity.

The public deserve a little more.

That's about it then, in a nutshell :wall:

• Like 1

Eddie . They're not demised yet . They might limp on .. as they are doing now and produce a 16 bike because the change cost is very minimal.

You have to understand this. The owner could drag this out until 2020 easy. .... and possibly will producing a new bike .... but the company is a shadow of its former self. Jgas hemorrhaged badly when Jordi left. .... then all the GasGas colleagues left. ... then our importer .Its no surprise that there's no life and no blood left.

There's no shortage of people in THE UK who fancy a bit of profit is there.

There's no shortage of people willing to over look minor issues with business opportunities either is there.

But despite this ,noone is jumping in for the UK role.

You've just read the reason for that.

• Like 1

I know one person who approached Jgas about becoming the UK importer, he never even got a reply and he knew of others who had been treated in the same manner.

A few weeks ago I posted that I had heard from 2 people who were well positioned to have inside knowledge (of European trials bike manufacture). The first said only two makes were safe, the second pretty well agreed. Looks like they knew something then.

Beta stick to Beta

• Like 1

Eddie . They're not demised yet .

They might limp on .. as they are doing now and produce a 16 bike because the change cost is very minimal.

You have to understand this. The owner could drag this out until 2020 easy. .... and possibly will producing a new bike ....

Ah, but somebody has got to buy a 2016 bike

Now all this is in the public domain, do you really think anybody would stump up & buy one ?

Pity, it is all about Jordi, I think. Frankly I was somewhat surprised to see the bike did not take off better than it did as the ultimate Gasser, and with much following! Now on to another project!

Dougie? Well then, another story!

• Like 1

I just spent more money than I have ever spent on a trials bike purchasing a second hand JotaGas!  I could have bought another Beta Evo, but I just fell in love with the Engineering on the JotaGas. 

I'm an average Club level rider who wanted something a bit different to share with my Son.  The JotaGas is way better than my ability and makes me a better rider for it.

I don't intend to sell it any time soon and think these bikes may well become future classics.

Oh, did I mention I am enjoying riding it immensely:-)

I really hope the brand continues and it's UK Customers are supported in the future.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

The Jgas is undoubtedly a good bike - It's certainly better than a GasGas in terms of quality and ride-ability. Just look at Ross Danbys results on one . Way better than what he achieved on a GasGas!  but what is the owner doing? Why go through all that time and money producing a good bike and then walk away from your customers?  One question... If the company is still going, who is buying the bikes?

On a more uplifting note, It's clear that Jordi Tarres can design a bike so we should expect the TRS to be as good, if not better than one.  Let's hope it is and the business does well for Steve who put in the work for the Jgas brand and was let down  <_<

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1