Cota 172 Resto

monty172

Hi all, I'm from Australia, in the NT where theres no trials clubs :(. Bought a 172 a few years back, used it a bit before some problems occurred - stalled when hot and wouldn't idle. I moved state and it was stored. Excited to pull it back out and get it usable again.. but am finding out fast how tricky it is to find parts. I'm handy with a spanner but a far cry from the expert. Where I'm up to is figuring what to do with the carb and fork seals. The Amal is pretty straight forward as I just need to decide between a new carby or a resleeve. Resleeve in Australia seems to be hit and miss. Where I'm really stuck is the fork seals. The originals are 31.5 x 45 x 7.1. Which is an impossible size to find, southwest stated same. Will 32 x 45 x 7 seals work? Doubting it.. More concerned about getting it rideable than keeping it original, so as I go will find whatever fits. I'll have a go at uploading her..

post-21689-0-36057700-1442545839_thumb.jpg