Rossi Can Dish Out But Can't Take It!

colinf

I never really understand what people mean when they refer to what he's brought to Motogp in terms of new supporters and that it would have collapsed without him. Many of the fans he's attracted aren't interested in the sport itself, just him, only him. They jeer and boo other riders on the podium, they cheer and scream when another rider crashes out when those riders are riders that can challenge and beat their hero.

At Mugello in his first year on the Ducati there were high hopes of a win. When it became apparent during the race that it wasn't going to happen thousands left early, so many that the race commentators couldn't believe it - despite the fact that another Italian had a real chance of winning. Some fans of Motogp - When he's gone, they'll be gone. And despite what has been claimed about being a sponsor's magnet, Yamaha never did secure big money sponsorship when he returned.

He has fantastic ability on a bike but the character (the real one beneath the media mask) leaves a lot to be desired

2004 he won on a bad bike

2003 was a bad bike, mainly because of the engine's abrupt power delivery, the chassis was good. They had the engine sorted for 2004 before he ever swung a leg over it based on advice from Barros who had ridden the V5 Honda

The 2004 bike was good, not as good as the Honda but still good, Rossi was just a better rider than the others at that time.

This could just go on and on............

Whatever any of us think about sepang most of us are biased one way or another.Whichever side you're on i would recommend reading this article by Dave Emmett on motomatters.com  "2015 Sepang MotoGP Round Up: Heroes who have feet of clay" It has to be the best assessment of the situation i've read yet.Very well thought out and objective.I think both sides could take something from it,and he's probably right when he suggests that the only one to come out of it with any dignity was Dani Pedrosa.

There was actually some good news on the motogp front this week.Alex de Angelis has been allowed to go home although he'll still be monitored and will need physio.Won't be allowed back on his bike until the winter test in Feb when he should've had time to recover.Get well soon!

• Like 4

Having had several re looks at the incident it is clear Rossi was running Marquez wide, quite probably hoping he would run off the track and give Rossi several seconds breathing space. It is hard to tell but it looks as if Marquez deliberately "nutted" Rossi on the leg and it was this action that caused Rossi to flick his leg out, hitting Marquez's brake.

We can never know exactly what was in both riders minds but the more I watch the race the more certain I am that Marquez was deliberately spoiling Rossis lines.

My view is that the most guilty, irresponsible party in the whole incident are the stewards, Marquez and Rossi should be left to sort themselves out, not have a decision imposed that devalues the championship and spoils the final round. As Steve Parish points out from time to time, its motorcycle racing, not county dancing (or something like that)

• Like 3

If you have a look at close up photos you can see the guard does not protect from impacts at some angles, Rossi's knee would most likely have hit Marquez's knuckles above the guard.

I see Rossi has decided to go to court (announced late yesterday) to appeal the stewards decision.

Each time Marquez overtook Rossi he swerved in so quickly as if to be trying to catch Rossi's wheel then slowed fractionally to do it again, why did race control not see that and take action?

As a fan of MotoGP more than any particular rider I think the biggest loser will be the sport itself if the championship is won or lost due to belated action by race stewards.

• Like 1

I find it a bit odd (funny but odd) that Rossi fans keep posting gay images of Lorenzo and Marquez when Rossi has his "special friend" Uccio with him all the time...........never see a girlfriend at the races do we! ooer!!

• Like 1