New Old Guy, Glen Rose Texas

oldktmdoug

I had logged on as oldtlsdoug back in 2009, that id fell off.  Anyway, I was given a 2006 Beta Rev 3 270.  It needs a kickstarter and maybe a stator.  My plan is to change the kickstarter, see if she runs, then deal with the stator if not.  I am a little reluctant to mix the gas 80:1, but it seems the going mix, so I guess I will.  I think I have some Maxima K2 full synthetic oil.  For the crankcase I have a lot of leftover Motorex 4T full synth 20W50 from my RC8 days.  I am hoping I can use that.  Anyway, I am looking forward to playing with the thing when I get her running.

IMG_1878.JPG

• Like 1

Bike looks real good! Who's was that?

The K2 works well at 80:1 although the gear oil may be a bit thick, gotta see how the clutch likes it. Many use ATF.

If you do have a stator issue, just send it to Motoplat UK. Only takes a few days each way.

You know your Beta dealer is in Midlothian, right?

Later,

It used to belong to Gary Casperson.  I worked with him for a long time.  The number plate I think is from 2009.

I was a TL guy for a long time, I had two S's and one R.  Loved them, spent a lot of time on TLZone and TLplanet, then moved on.

My first S

TL1000S2.jpg

My R

P1010745.JPG

P1010756.JPG

And finally my last S

P3315978.JPG

P3315979.JPG

I moved on to Euro bikes, Aprilia, KTM and now playing with the Beta, lifes been good.  I had to replace 3rd and 5th gears in the TLR because I had a desire for GP shift, but it left me after I had to rebuild the tranny.

PC060081.JPG

On the left is one of the damaged gears...

PC210084.JPG

Nice

There have been a few TL's in my life too amongst the aprilia and Ktms

At the moment I have this one tls framed tlr hybrid in the shed post-22007-0-05786500-1453551307_thumb.jpgpost-22007-0-06489900-1453551352_thumb.jpg

Anyhow we are not in the right place with this - I just though I remembered the name.

Enjoy your Trials - I came to it late after other disciplines and its great fun.

• 2 months later...