Bantam Help

eiger

A while back I bought a BSA Bantam 175 as an unfinished trials project, its a D7 frame but the rear tyre (4.00 x 18) catches the swinging arm. Does anyone know the best mod? Is is a case of extending the swinging arm behind the shock mounts or is their a better way?

Cheers Eiger

Hi Eiger, I had this same problem when I built my D7 framed trials bike.

I found that a Triumph Tiger Cub swing-arm that I had in the shed, fitted straight onto the D7 frame, and had room for the 400-18 trials tyre.

I don't know if all Tiger Cub arms are the same though - so best to double check it if you find one.

Good luck

Baz

Edited by bazandsj

Folks.

Got an offer on a Wassell frame for the Bantam but know nowt about em. Can anyone out there enlighten me.

And where can I get a trials exhaust for the Bantam that fits neatly unlike the standard road version.

This cheap winter, spring, summer, autumn, winter etc etc project is costing me a fortune and will end up being the value of half my house but at least it wont moan about summat every night. In fact it will help her that moans about summat to make up her mind and bugger off for good!

Eiger