Vertigo

dwb5151

Just test rode the new vertigo trials bike. Its some bike the build quality is amazing and it rides brilliant. The one thing i noticed was the grip is was great 3 foot deep mud and it just ploughed through it. What do you think the reliability will be like it has been tested for 2 years but i am not sure what  weaknesses it may have any idea.

Many thanks

Edited by dwb5151

I took delivery of mine last week and that's the only thing that troubles me, reliability.

I've been asked by a few what I think of it and apart from the fact it's too early to say, I was slightly hesitant after reading someone's post that said "opinions are like butt's - everyone's got one and they all stink"

Fair point and true to a certain extent. The fact I stuck my hard earned on one tells it's own story but coming from a bullet proof Beta, reliability is something which does concern me.

As far as the riding the Vertigo it's even better than I first thought. The weight displacement is tangible, the motor is the strongest and the sweetest fuelled I have experienced on any current brand and the ability of the motor to harness the power and grip so well is no mean feat.

It looks like Lampkin and co have got this bike spectacularly right; if it proves reliable - and I desperately hope it does - it will sell in big numbers. I can't see people not liking it!

I going to get the vertigo the thing that surprised me the most was the grip. In my opinion the vertigo is a proper 2 stroke trials bike. I was so shocked when i test rode it on how good it is.But theres one problem for me is the price    £5750 when you compare to other makes its expensive. But i suppose your paying for quality like the montesa. What do you think?

Edited by dwb5151

It gets more impressive when you actually own it and spend some time on it! £5750 is value for money for a bike this well designed with fuel injection (which is definitely the way forward for trials bikes)

Remember Vertigo also deliver to your door as part of that charge! The bike is worth that money when you compare to it's peers!

Yes when you compare the build quality to other makes such as sherco (which has improved) its outstanding. In my opinion you may think this is silly but its a new montesa 315r but with a vertigo engine and being being sold by vertigo. I thinks its going to be bullet proof but i am not sure. They are selling the bike every where at £5750 this is so you cant get it cheaper so everyone has to buy it at the same price.  The other good thing is you dont pay for delivery but does the bike arrive set up or do you have to do it. There is no dealer in Northern Ireland so you cant do a trade in. But back to the price its more expensive than the montesa cota which is £5500 which is a four stroke which definitly has been proven. What you think?

Yea i 100% agree the mapping is brill and the grip and build quality is brill. It's far a head of any other 2 stroke. But the price isn't bad for what your getting. This would be the first time for me buying a new bike I want to make sure I buy the right one. At first my decision was between the new Sherco and the montesa. After the test ride it's either the vertigo or the montesa but I was very impressed with the vertigo.

Yes when you compare the build quality to other makes such as sherco (which has improved) its outstanding. In my opinion you may think this is silly but its a new montesa 315r but with a vertigo engine and being being sold by vertigo. I thinks its going to be bullet proof but i am not sure. They are selling the bike every where at £5750 this is so you cant get it cheaper so everyone has to buy it at the same price.  The other good thing is you dont pay for delivery but does the bike arrive set up or do you have to do it. There is no dealer in Northern Ireland so you cant do a trade in. But back to the price its more expensive than the montesa cota which is £5500 which is a four stroke which definitly has been proven. What you think?

That's scary, I was riding mine the other day and it came to my mind what this bike reminded me of, a 315! I was reluctant to say it because it sounds absurd but there must be something when we have both thought it - and not forgetting the fact that lampkin rode the 315. Coincidence or not?

A wise man once told me there was no such thing as coincidence and I tend to agree!

• Like 1

That's scary, I was riding mine the other day and it came to my mind what this bike reminded me of, a 315! I was reluctant to say it because it sounds absurd but there must be something when we have both thought it - and not forgetting the fact that lampkin rode the 315. Coincidence or not?

A wise man once told me there was no such thing as coincidence and I tend to agree!

A modern day 315...lighter, with fuel injection. This could be all the advertising they need.

• Like 1