Gas Gas Contact Jt 25 95 Restoration And Help

eyetech

After you try the correct plug, NGK BPR5ES and it is still getting wet, check the carburettor jets. I haven't got the correct sizes here but remember the main jet to be around 108, pilot 33, needle type D36. Check the float arms are parallel with the main body when touching the needle valve. Clean out all of the carb passage ways.

You need to have a look at the clutch plates, the older motors had a problem with the fibre discs, where the fibres would detatch from the plates whenever the gearbox would take in water, like drowning the motor or having the water pump leak coolant into the gearbox. The water created a problem with the adhesive used on the fibre plates.

You can still get new plates from Sureflex if needed.

If this is not the problem for the clutch not disengaging properly from cold, then let us know.

The motor jumping into gear is caused by a weak gear selector return spring, have a look on a parts drawing, follow the right side of the gear selector shaft, at the end there is a selector mechanism with an indent roller, the roller is held in place on the selector cam via a spring, these did tend to reduce in spring tension over time, if you can't find any I have them.

Bye, Peter B.

• 7 years later...

Hello.guys

I am currently looking for new parts for my gasgas jt25 contact 1995.

I am lokking for al the bearings in the swing arm and rear shock.

Crankshaft bearings

Al the seals in the engine and cilinder.

Also looking for a lot of new parts to restore the whole bike.

Do you guys have any idea where i can find those parts?

Thanks for helping me

Andre  

Netherlands