New Alpinestars Boots

toneh

• 3 weeks later...

How are the older model Alpinestars soles for feeling the pegs, I bought a pair of Novogars, didn't really need a boot in a way but got tired of cooking my leg on the exhaust, anyway they fit good, lots of protection there  if I needed it, soles are thick and stiff though, would probably last forever, just can't feel the pegs through them.

• 2 weeks later...

How are the older model Alpinestars soles for feeling the pegs, I bought a pair of Novogars, didn't really need a boot in a way but got tired of cooking my leg on the exhaust, anyway they fit good, lots of protection there  if I needed it, soles are thick and stiff though, would probably last forever, just can't feel the pegs through them.

The soles are noticeably stiffer than Gearnes for instance.

• Like 1

Thanks, I got to ride for a couple hours not long after I wrote that and they started feeling like they were breaking in some, or maybe I'm just getting use to riding with them, either way i'll stick with them for a while longer.

• Like 1

I ordered a pair of Tech T boots last night from the UK, after talking to Lewisport about my pre-order status. They said my size was not available and didn't know when, so they suggested I cancel it.  I searched and found them in stock.  With GB Pound down, price was so good, I blew the $19.95 to upgrade the shipping and DHL texted me today, that they will be here Friday.  I can't wait to try them, as my Gaerne's are like Birkenstocks!

They definitely aren't like Gaerne's. They're really more like No Stops with replaceable soles, a slightly smaller toe box, and a little more padding. I'd say they're a little more compliant in the sole compared to the NoStops, but not by much if at all. Which is fine by me, I prefer that to the Gaerne's.

They'll get broken in quickly, as I have a lot of trail work to do for an AHRMA XC/MX race in October and with my last enduro of the season this weekend.... I'm going to spend a lot of time on the Fantic and Gas Gas after that!

They came late today and I rode in them for about 45 minutes, in the 2 small sections I have off my driveway.  The boots feel awesome to me.  I can feel the pegs, but don't feel barefoot like the Gaerne Balance Oil boots.  I can shift and it doesn't hurt! 

14068110_1152913218112514_53452905862052

Edited by nhuskys
  • Like 1