Hfs Suspension

turbohead

My old friends riding veteran mx and enduro on international level are using the Spanish developed HFS parts for their front forks with very good results. If you look at their web (www.suspensionhfs.com/en) there are some trials kits, too. Has anyone tried them out? 

Yep have them installed works nice. The unit with air cartridges on both side works best. The other set-up with cartridge (bought to the TR) has in one side the cartridge and in the other side adjustable springs this set up has more tweaks but makes sounds ... kind of "clong" while the fork get's suppressed.

I don't like the noise and for adjusting you have to take out the springs ... so if again I will go for both sides with cartridges again ...

• Like 1

Interesting!

Could you please give a more detailed impression of riding behavior and so on compared to the original Marzocchi or Betor forks? And what about setting up and fine-tuning the front suspension for your riding style? Is it money well spent or not?

• Like 1

Hi, I've had the simple Clubman setup, no cartridge, on my 125 for a while now. The original springs were a bit old in the tooth and due to my riding weight of 100 Kg's +, I wanted to be able to set up some preload without just simply lobbing spacers in.

When I ordered I was asked for my weight and when the kit came, I was told where to start with the preload. It was spot on from the word go. The feel is really nice. There two different springs in each tube allowing a nice soft 2/3rds travel with the last 1/3rd hardening up quite a bit.

Mick Andrews tried it last year and was quite impressed with the simpleness of the solution.

• Like 1

As most fork springs get tired with the time you often look after a pair that's still fresh and fits to your machine and personal weight.

With the fork lit you get new springs that's suits your weight, with the cartridges you get a much finer reaction and too a more progressive dampning.

The rebuild makes sense if your stanchions are straight and chrome is good. ( I never got an old bike so far where the stanchions where really straight.

If so the rebuild makes sense.

Thanks for your valuable input!

I'll talk to Lorenzo at HFS regarding what can be done for my overhauled Foral forks, as that is what I am planning to use (straight from an Aprilia TXR312).

Vielen Dank für Ihre wertvollen Kommentare. Vielleicht ist es Zeit, hier eine deutschsprachige Unterabteilung zu beginnen ...? Aber das wäre vielleicht unhöflich sein!