Gollner Mods?

mcman56

There is an ebay posting that states:

Gollner mods Included - gear box, changed gears 1-2-3 to give lower and closer gearing, more usable than the normal TLR200

Does anyone have details on this? Looing at a TLR gear set, it does not look possible to have a lower 1st gear.

As far as I am aware the change was made to the 2nd and 3rd gear ratios to bring them closer together on the 200's. There were other changes to jetting and to the clutch. I have a couple of articles on the modifications made to the bikes - SOMEWHERE!

I have a Gollner 250 and it appears that there was no gearbox changes made to the 250 (I have had the engine in bits and checked the gears) - some say there was but it depends who you talk to what story is correct. There was an 'uprated' oil pump fitted to the 250's (a special drive gear was made to allow the oil pump to run faster).

If anyone has a definitive answer on what was changed I would be interested.

Gordon

There is an ebay posting that states:

Gollner mods Included - gear box, changed gears 1-2-3 to give lower and closer gearing, more usable than the normal TLR200

Does anyone have details on this? Looing at a TLR gear set, it does not look possible to have a lower 1st gear.

It would seem it involves only one new gear and a shaft.