Montesa 4Ride Cat

pug

17 hours ago, gavinskii said:

Just by way of an update, I have just returned the bike to stock 38t rear sprocket (from a 41t aftermarket - great for cruising, but makes it too fast in the sections) and did the Moor 2 Sea LDT yesterday and didn't stall at all!! So I am now confident that swapping out the cat front pipe was not relevant to my previous issues.

41t on the rear gives you lower gearing .....

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys, I recently bought a 17 reg 4 ride & was interested to read your chat about power mods. Could Greg give more details about the power mods you’re talking about. Obviously the front pipe needs changing to get rid of the cat. Does that effect passing the mot ? You talk about the small washer in the throttle bodies. Is it simply a job of removing that & it’ll run ok without doing other changes. Cheers guys

2 hours ago, woody1970 said:

Hi Guys, I recently bought a 17 reg 4 ride & was interested to read your chat about power mods. Could Greg give more details about the power mods you’re talking about. Obviously the front pipe needs changing to get rid of the cat. Does that effect passing the mot ? You talk about the small washer in the throttle bodies. Is it simply a job of removing that & it’ll run ok without doing other changes. Cheers guys

I wouldn't take technical advice from gavinskii, who doesn't know the difference between raising and lowering gearing !

Edited by b40rt

45 minutes ago, woody1970 said:

Morals aside, removing the cat will mean the bike won't pass a MOT.

• 2 weeks later...