2000 Rev3 2T suspension servicing

trialmarc

Hello!

Been thinking about servicing front forks and rear shock of 2000 rev3 2T 250, and previous owner had the bike sitting around for probably 4-5 years. I have attached the pictures. The suspension seem to be working ok, but I would like to service and replace needed items to ensure its reliability. Do you have recommendation on what to replace and what tools you suggest I buy? Considering lead times, I would rather have things ready before starting on this project.

Thanks much in advance!

Rev3 Front Fork - IMG_20171008_131843.jpg

Rev3 Rear shock IMG_20171008_131957.jpg

@oni nou: Thanks for your inputs. Per your suggestion, I will change fork seals, and will start looking for a spare shock.

One additional question: if I buy a fork seal driver, will it work across other models of trials bikes, or newer beta models?

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

A piece of plastic tubing of the correct size[just a little smaller than the diameter of the seal] obtained from a plumbers merchants or hardware store will do the job.or a suitably sized socket wrench,I have never used a seal driver and have fitted a lot of seals successfully.

sounds like an excellent idea! Fork servicing is new to me so this info will definitely be useful.

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

From the pictures that bike looks almost new are you in California where there is less rain.

Yes, Northern California. The bike looks new because it was mostly sitting in the garage of previous owners.

You may be aware -- California regulators think it is better to let really old bikes in the park from early May to end of September to regulate emissions than allowing the latest models!! So, the only reason I ended up with bike this old was it allowed me to ride year round (I do not know any private property nor I am near a federal land where you can ride year round).

more info:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/vr/ohvredgreen

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=21928

• Like 1