Bars And Height On The 300 Pro

uhoh7

Hi guys. I'm 6'1"

I do want to raise my bars. My options are

in mm

Thought I would keep the stock bars, but open to suggestion.

Any tips on reaching the allenhead which is tucked under the hinge?

BM2.jpg

someone really likes the little GG

annaGG.jpg

Can't tell from the photo whether a ball ended allen key will go in there, they're handy for a lot of things (suspension linkages, front exhaust clamps), but Perce's suggestion seems easiest.

I'm a little taller than you, but felt the 300 Gasser was more comfortable than many others for my size. I messed with my Sherco 290, but never really convinced myself it handled quite the same.

You sure you need it higher?

Gaz

Can't tell from the photo whether a ball ended allen key will go in there, they're handy for a lot of things (suspension linkages, front exhaust clamps), but Perce's suggestion seems easiest.

I'm a little taller than you, but felt the 300 Gasser was more comfortable than many others for my size. I messed with my Sherco 290, but never really convinced myself it handled quite the same.

You sure you need it higher?

Gaz

Well.....no, but I think it would be more comfortable. How tall are you?

Thanks for the pin advice

A quick way to make a spacer is to use an old 6 bolt sprocket, the pairs of holes are at the correct cross centres for the clamps. Obviously you need to cut the sprocket up a bit. B) This will give you a 5mm pack but you will need longer bolts to fix the the clamps back on.

I found the fat bars far too low for my bad back so I bought a pair of Renthal clamps for approx

I rode with Renthal fatbars on my Pro and found them OK.

I'm also 6'1 and they felt just right, I don't know how the bend/height compares with the Std Hebo bar.

I understand that the Fatbar is equivalent to a 5" Renthal braced bar - maybe someone can confirm this ?

I'd recommend heating up the clamp a little before you tap out the pin, it certainly makes it easier and will reduce the risk of damage/fracture. You need three hands when you put them back on B)

• 2 weeks later...

SPUD.

Are they 20mm conduit sadles you have used as your raisers? If they are that is a good idea!

Ryan

Not sure what conduit saddles are. My bike as handlebar clamps used as spacers of a 04 Gas Gas. The spacer below them was made by my neighbour from alloy, and he also sourced two longer bolts for the clamps. The four standard bolts for the clamps have two sizes. What I did was use the original (long ones) to fit in place of shorter standard bolts and then fitted the new two extra long bolts in their place. You'd be hard pushed to visual see this mod on the bike if I didn't point it out, which is what I liked because the Raga bars are tops.