Alexz Wigg Wins Midland Centre Event

scorpa3

Alexz Wigg took a Superb and confident win in the Stratford-Upon-Avon clubs Ralph Varden trial on Sunday.

Dropping just 15 marks in the muddy conditions, Wigg halved the score of the next best rider Ross Danby.

In third place was Buster Reagan on 42 with Mark Hicken fourth on 43.

Expert Simon Levett riding down a route was best on the B route loosing just three marks with top Over 40 rider Clive Charleton taking maximum points towards his championship dropping 30. Eveshams Mick Chapman was third on36.

Evergreen Kevin McCullagh won the C route on 30.

With Alexz Wigg riding as a late entry the Ralph Varden Trophy for the Best Expert was won by Ross Danby.

The Bill Howard Rosebowl for the best Inter by Kevin Taylor.

The Best Youth A: Buster Reagan

The Bill Howard Cup for best Cluman; David Morris.

Best Over 40: Clive Charleton

Twin Soock: Andy Paxton

Youth B: Connor Evans

Was Alexz and ross on 125's?

I'm afraid I don't have that information.

I am fairly sure Ross was riding a 125. I personaly didn't see Alexz ride a section as I was trying to keep moving myself.

It was very muddy all around the 15 sections, I know of at least three bikes that suffered engine failures.

I JUST managed to get to the top of the graded hill climb each lap, only by sitting on my rear mudguard and revving in 4th gear with both feet pushing. The Observer at this section told me that both Ross and Alexz rode up the hill so fast they jumped out of the ends cards and had time to showboat before landing! Ohh goodness, how do they do that?

I am fairly sure Ross was riding a 125.

Ross was riding a JST GasGas 125 and will be all year.
JUST managed to get to the top of the graded hill climb each lap, only by sitting on my rear mudguard and revving in 4th gear with both feet pushing.The Observer at this section told me that both Ross and Alexz rode up the hill so fast they jumped out of the ends cards and had time to showboat before landing! Ohh goodness, how do they do that?
Yeh, I watch Ross do this in practice and I just stand there with jaw on the floor :P They are awesome to watch arent they. B)

Three years ago at the Varden, we cleared out the branches at the top end of the concrete filter beds to make a new exit for the experts.

The resulting 6ft wall made everyone stop gather around and look for some time before the top lads had a go. I was very worried that we'd gone one 'step' too far with this.

In this weeks event the A route riders just walked the section, the wall and the corresponding drop back in didn't event warrant a pause, they were more concerned at not loosing a dab in the mud at the top!

The riding ability we are now seeing is extremely high for a Centre event.

• 10 months later...

I am fairly sure Ross was riding a 125.

Ross was riding a JST GasGas 125 and will be all year.
JUST managed to get to the top of the graded hill climb each lap, only by sitting on my rear mudguard and revving in 4th gear with both feet pushing.The Observer at this section told me that both Ross and Alexz rode up the hill so fast they jumped out of the ends cards and had time to showboat before landing! Ohh goodness, how do they do that?
Yeh, I watch Ross do this in practice and I just stand there with jaw on the floor :wall: They are awesome to watch arent they. :wall:

Ross is definitely good, however that kid has some growing up to do. I was walking in the pits at the US world round and he tried to roost me. It didn't hit me cause of his obviously underpowered gas gas. Being a good rider is great, but if he's gonna try to act like a badass maybe he should grow up a little.