06 Gasgas

jools

Hi, I have had my 06 300 for a month or so know. It is a very nice bike but i have a few problems!!

1. I cannot ride it! This sounds crazy, i had an 05 300 which i loved and managed to gain some good results from riding. i have jumped on this new one and it feels nothing like the old one, i feel like a muppet riding it. I've spent ages tweeking the Suspension and working on personal set-up but, it has not made a difference :D:D

2. It struggles to go into gear until it is warm!!! even when it is warm, the gear box feels awful!

3. I've checked it over today to ride tomorrow, there seems to be a leek coming from around the barrel. theres a small pool of petrol/oil on me garage floor! Bit worrying.

4. the sump guard has split in half, but i have not even hit it on anything yet :D Its only rested on the work stool.

There are a few more things too. I am going out on it tomorrow to see how it feels, otherwise i will have to get something else. I can't have it discintegrating after each ride :D .

What i really want to know is, has anyone else who has an 06 had trouble getting used to it?!? I have been last every trial i've ridden on it. I cannot balance on it properly, when you ride it up a stream you get chucked everywhere - really scittish. I've had every gasgas pro model and this one feels nothing like anything i've ridden before. i feel a right dick'ed :) !

Thanks for letting me have a moan! :D

Jools, I have a similar problem.

No mechanical problems but I just can't ride the 06 250 anything like my previous 04 250. I also find it all over the place on rocky streams etc. I have detuned the engine, fitted a flywheel weight, downgeared a fair lot so it is set up like my old bike but still it seems difficult to control.

I have wondered if it may be too light on the front end with the new forks. There must be a point where it is too light but not sure if this is it.

As regards your mechanical problems speak to your dealer who I am sure will sort it out as it should be warranty work. GasGas UK will help you if you have a genuine problem. They are very good.

Mark T

ahh, someone agrees! :D Thanks for that timp!

I fitted a flywheel weight to the bike when i first got it, i thought that may be the problem, took it off and went out on it yesterday. No different! ;)

There was a section i was trying and the best i got was a.. erm..5 . afterwards i went back to the section on my dads 1997 JTX 250 and P***ed it ;)

Its really hardwork to ride!! Also it was constantly trying to upright it self if you were trying to ride in a rut to the left or right. As you suggest timp, it may have something to do with the weight distribution or something?

A mate of ours was there yesterday on an 06 250 and he has found the same, except without the mechanical probs. Also he pointed out the front drifts very easily on turns :D

Also tryed slackening off the rear shock all the way and even taking away the damping. It was practically botoming out when stood up on it and bouncing on it, however, my dad said when i was riding it through the section, the rear suspension was'nt moving, as gasserboy pointed out.

I'll have to take it back to get the problems sorted

Sorry to say this but my 06 280 is fine after trading in my 05 280. If anything I think I ride it better. It did take a few weeks for the suspension to properly bed in though.

I have fitted a Keihin carb which I didnt have before, but to be honest I think the Keihin improved the bike even more. Maybe you do have a serious fault, but all Uk bikes are PDI'd at the dealer etc.

Good luck with sorting it.

Tony :D :hat: :santa1:

Edited by moulder

Maybe you do have a serious fault, but all Uk bikes are PDI'd at the dealer etc.

Hmmmmm....you reckon the spokes are loose then?

Don't want to play down a PDI, but d'ya reckon something of this nature would be picked up? Don't think we should persecute any dealers yet for missing this sort of problem when putting the loctite on.

Apologies for my sarcasm - I was born ar5e first :D

:hat: My mates '05 250 pro had very 'sticky' suspension when it was brand new..making it very lively .After letting a few fat lads take their turn on it ( big drop offs were best)it quickly settled down.

So there you have it... get eating! :hat:

just picked my new 300 up. Starts first kick! Suspension was very hard but is gettin better after a few hours on it. First thing i noticed was how light the front is now! cant tell much difference from last years just playing about! need to do some trials now to see what its really like! :D

:hat: My mates '05 250 pro had very 'sticky' suspension when it was brand new..making it very lively .After letting a few fat lads take their turn on it ( big drop offs were best)it quickly settled down.

:D wont need to just wait till after christmas when you want to be loosing it. ;)

Need me to try a few drop offs Gasserboy? :D

Give me a shout if that shiny thing needs a proper testing ;)