Frames geometrical differences...

jplaridoin

Hello ! What about steering angles of MKII and MKIII frames ?

I mainly would like to know if MKIII makes you feel front wheel "lighter" ?   

Though i lowered and moved backward footpegs, i find my MKII much less handy than my 175 TY...

Thanks for sharing your opinions !

Jean-Pierre

I recall from personal experience that steering head angle was not exactly crucial on the first Beamishes, at least, as this was self adjusting as the gusset plates at the steering head buckled. As the dealer would say, "they all do that Sir".

• Like 1

Think you’ll find that the TY 200 (not a cMajesty is it...that will be a world away from a standard TY) is a bit shorter than the Beamish so this will increase the feel of handiness with the TY. Not certain but I think some Beamish frames had shortened swinging arms. You could try slightly longer rear suspension units as the change in height at the rear will influence the steering making it slightly quicker. An alternative is to move the rear suspension mounts to give an increase in lift at the rear. If achievable, dropping the front forks in their yokes by 2-3 mm will also give a small improvement but at the cost of a little ground clearance being given up. Hope this is useful??