Added a 2017 Gasgas Contact 250 to the garage

sherco70

Not a lot of organized trials riding close to home town here in the west coast of Washington state, USA. Nice area though for off road trail riding and a lot of it is fun and technical enough for a trials machine. Several years ago I tried to interest the local riding fellows I ride with into getting trials motorcycles but no one was interested and I got a Sherco X-ride. Later a member of our group got a beat up Yamaha TY250, which lead to a later year Montesa 4RT, and others have bought trials motorcycles and are really into how neat trials riding is. After going to a couple trials events I decided to move from the Sherco X-ride to a trials machine and knowing my skill level is low, I would have preferred a classic, but classic trials here is not very big, and the Gasgas Contact seemed right. In the past I have owned Sherpa T's, a 250 and a 350, and a Yamaha TY 350, air cooled mono-shock. With getting older I really like the light weight machine. I envy the European classic trials and love watching the YouTube classic events. It is good to be back on a trials machine. 

Art

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Once the weather warmed up, the stock jetting and 2% premium pre-mix seems to be good for me here at sea level. Same Delorto 26 as the Sherco X-ride but the bigger cc engine on the Sherco is smoother. Not sure why. 

Art