Beta 04 200

gaver19

just taken my son to his first trial,bike lasted 2 sections.At the start of the third it died,it will restart but only at tickover when opening throttle it just backfires and stalls.We changed plug cleaned carb, sprayed wd40 everywhere we could think of.Anyone got any ideas as to cause,does this fit stator symptoms many thanks Gary :(

I stator problems and I got a new stator from JLI and they were fine to send me a stator and CDI and send back what I didn't need, I don't know if the other electics will be suitable for the 200, the stator on the 200 has 6 coils but on the 250/270 only four.

bob

I think you will find the 2004 REV3 200 has the cdi and stator from the previous years 250.

I know for a fact that it is different from the 04 250 as I tried to swap the parts off my lads 200 onto my 250 when the stator went. (Which happened twice in 5 weeks)

I know everyone says this, but contact BVM at Stroud, they do a complete electrics kit which does away with the original rubbish Beta fit at the factory.

Do the job the once. Not like I did and end up doing it again later.

Rev3 2004 Electrics = Rubbish.

Thanks for the replys, only had the bike 3 weeks got him it for christmas.Took it back today,there going to sort it,they suspect cdi unit.Interested to read what scorpa3 said. I think i might look at replacing the electrics with non beta ones, i dont want to see the dissapointment on his face again if there that unreliable.Obviously they wont do that on the warranty.I should have kept his fantic {ultra reliable}. Thanks Gary