Cheap And Slippery

rex a. lott

Happy New year. I found some great clutch plates that won't cost you very much. I have had them for about a week and they are working great. The clutch has so little drag that it will stop the rear when on a center stand. I don't know how long this will last, but it is a good sign when a new clutch is installed.

You can order the clutch plates from Rocky Mountain ATV and MC on line. Page 587 in their catalog. Part number T-19079 for a Honda CR 250 94-06. Here is the best part they are only 29.99 dollars and they work great. You will have to re-use your steel plates for the new one are a tad bit thicker. You can rough up your steel plates with some sand paper or forget about it like I did and just reinstall them. Don't forget to coat the cork plates with some trany oil. I use MOBILE synthetic ATF. I have had very good preformance with this oil and it is easy to find at any auto parts store.

The plates are new, of course they will seem good, especially compared to your old ones,

Sorry to disappoint you, but i have also had cr250 clutch plates in my last 315. They will work well for a (very) short while before te dreaded drag sets in.

If you want a decent clutch action for your 315, go the Sureflex plates and elf htx740 or silkolene pro srg7 oil route. The cr plates are cheap, but at the end of the day, it's a false economy.

When i had the cr plates in, if memory serves me well it was only two trials and one practice session, and they were done.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Buddy!

Edited by monty-python