Indoor Youth Trial

as iow

We will soon start planing the final round of the British youth trials championship, and with it the indoor trial.

I organised last years indoor all by myself from start to finish, and would not do it again unless it became a team effort.

If there is enough intrest the IOWMCC may run it again, but we would like the opinion of everyone who attended last years event first.

How many people would come to the Island if the indoor was run later in the year?

One problem we found last year was that it used up people who should have been helping with the main trial on the Saturday, please let us know what you think and how important it was to the whole weekend etc etc. :closedeyes:

There is no such thing as a local T&MXN guy, the only one in the country is Barry Robinson and he lives in Yorkshire. Which means more work for the organisers, as T&MXN are not realy intrested in trials south of Sheffield.

Hi Alan,

As you know we were at the Indoor last year with Jack. We thought

you did a fantastic job & organised a mega event. Not just a few skips

& a few pallets like the usual small indoor trials, but proper indoor

sections, it was just like a mini Sheffield.

We all thought that the trial was a fantastic end to the national season,

abit of a Grand Finale to the year & a chance for all concerned to get

together & have a beer etc afterwards :closedeyes:

If you are thinking of running the event again, we would be more than happy

to help in any way we can.

Cheers, Cya soon

Team Challoner.

In regards to the event itself. Alan and his team done an awesome job. We were there on behalf of TC taking pics and video and was overwhelmed by the speed the course was erected and layout. Top quality. :P

My independent view was that some of the sections were a little too hard so it didnt flow too well. However, some of the riders clearly liked being in the limelight and I remember Jake Briton doing a drop off from around 8ft off the stacked wood and it looked pretty awesome.(pic below). Sam Haslam(250) looked the biz and Alexz only just lost out although he was on a 125 of course.

If theres another one I would certainly be going all the way down there to watch it again. Theres nothing like it for the youths. I hope you get what you need down there to help out Alan.

you can see all the pics Here

post-1163-1138568483.jpg

post-1163-1138568511.jpg

post-1163-1138568547.jpg

post-1163-1138568563.jpg

Must say, this looks fantastic! Add some glitz, glitter and umbrella girls and you have an international event worth inviting other nations to.

What about a Youth world Indoor Championship out of this event? We will send Smage to see how he stacks up agaisnt your lads!

I've got 5 quid on our lad Smage as youth indoor world champion! You Brits up for the challenge?

The indoor arena at brickfields is being extended this year so there will be more room for bigger sections than last year if it all comes off.

Spoke to Alexz Last Saturday who said last years indoor was one of the highlights of the year which was nice.

More planning going into this years event, will be more of a team effort than a one man show ( i could'nt go through all that again ) but for my part it would be great if Alfredo or any other international stars could come over. Don't forget thay can ride in the day as well if thay get permission from their federations. We now have a Gas Gas, Beta, & Sherco dealer on the Island and i'am sure we could sort out a bike for any international riders.

Keep your thoughts coming. :P

I thought that last years event was fantastic. It was a brilliant end to a great season and a real highlight of the year. It was a great social event because everyone could have a chat afterwards and relax now that all the really important events had finished. It was nice for the younger kids as well to see the top lads ride as they dont often get the chance at British Championship events. I thought that Alan and his team did a mega job of the indoor. It was like a mini sheffield. I went there on the friday night and the arena was bare. Got there on Saturday night and it was filled with MEGA sections. It looked superb. I thought the sections were pitched at just about the right level. They were all cleanable in my opinion but they were so easy to five! They were all hard sections which is what we want and if you had a mega ride then a clean was definately capable. they looked spectacular but they weren't dangerous. I really enjoyed the event as `us youths` rarely get the oppertunity to ride in these conditions and events like this can only help the riders in their expeience of pressure. A BIG WELL DONE ON A FANTASTIC EVENT an i hope to see it in this years calender.

Have tonight booked Brickfields arena for Saturday Oct 14 2006, which means that the British indoor youth trial 2006 in back on.

Brickfelds 06 will be bigger than 05, we have learnt from the past.

It will be the end of season bash that everyone will want to be part of, the youths answer to Sheffield, so put it in your diary, Brickfields 06, we will rock you. :D