Threat To Classic Trials

hrc1

The government in threatening to close a large number of green lanes - this will drastically effect trailriding and will have a knock on effect on all the big trials events too, such as the Sammy Miller series & the ACU Classic series, in fact any event that uses green lanes to link up the sections.

To safeguard your sport/hobby we all need to act now.

Preston Kemp of www.MuddyStuff.co.uk has put together a useful campaign resource page here.

http://www.muddystuff.co.uk/campaign/default.asp

Please read and contact your MP ASAP.

Check the links above and also please read the TRF action pack pdf file here.

http://www.motomerlin.dsl.pipex.com/trfaction.pdf

Thank you for taking the time to read this & responding.

:D

This does NOT CONCERN ONLY CLASSIC TRIALS

but MANY trials events nationwide.

See the front page news "A Call To Arms"

get off your butts and send them letters.

NOW

No good saying "It won't make any difference"

You dont know that until you ain't got nowhere to ride !!!!

It will take a few minutes of your time, an envelope, and a stamp.

Is that too much to ask ???

It's VITAL that younger riders act on this too. Don't bother siting there thinking it will do no good and that nobody will listen to you. If you write to your MP then he HAS to respond.

I cant write as a rider, but I am writing offering a visit to this site to see the photos and give an actual insight.

I'm still managing to avoid the temptation to write "...and unlike the horsey brigade, motorcycles don't s*** all over the place." :D

Andy what you also have to point out is the unpredictability of horses as opposed to most trails bikes being controlled by the rider (except in my case, more the bike is in control lol)and also a shod horse makes more of a dent in the ground than a trials tyre.

Round our way it seems the horsey brigade have a following from the local authority councillors which s**ts on our parade straight away.

I've done my bit also wrote a letter of response to a councillors remarks about offroad motorcycles in the local rag to ask him to see past his ignorance that not all offroad bikes are the same.

People seem to generalise all offroaders as scramblers hairing about the place ripping up the mud and causing nusiances in public places and thats how ignorant people can be by not actually trying to understand what the sport is.

Anyway turns out that my letter wasnt printed so you can see that freedom of speech is dead.

I have about 200 acres of naturla woodland which is unattended or used by anyone yet the groundwork trust have claimed it for wild flowers and the like, its real prime trials territory but its now left to rot away with the protected flowers which no-one ever goes into the wood to see!!!!!

Is there an actual place where I can read what is exactly happening? Ive downloaded the action packs telling me to write, and indeed I will. But Im afraid Im not the only one who doesn't know exactly what is happening here.

It's hard to write a letter when you have little info on the letters subject.

Thanks

Try this site. All the details you need. http://www.trf.org.uk/

Try This site to find out about your MP http://www.parliament.uk/index.cfm

A reminder to all 'Your mate may not have written that letter'.

So come on lets get organised and put pen to paper.

On calendar News (Yorkshire TV) tonight there was a news artical having a go at trail riders in the dales. THe anti bike brigade are organised are are getting on the news.

• 2 weeks later...