I just got a used 20, the batteries are pretty much shot but rode it 3 times for 10 ish mins. The foot peg mounts are bending and the bolts are coming loose. Im a little over the weight limit at 240. wondering if I shouldn't just weld some on or is there another way? I have a CNC in my garage so I may try making some brackets that use all 4 mounting holes before i perm mod this thing. Also wondering what the recommended AGM batteries are. i cant spend 1k on a battery upgrade right now since I was lucky enough to find 3 used osets in the last month. I am also thinking about making a rear brake pedal mod getting crafty. Man when I pull this thing off the charger the first 2 mins the wheel lifts up on its own with ease with me on it! So much fun!

so you're 240 and riding a oset 20....is it wrong that i find that image comical? i mean that bike is designed for 15 year olds..the oset 24 may even be a bit small for you. glad to hear you are having fun but if a kid's bike is your choice then expect bent and broken stuff..sounds like your batteries are pooched as an oset 16 will toss me on my ass with proper batteries,i like to play around on it a bit but it is a kid's bike..not only do i look like a monkey screwing a football while riding it it is also will bend,break and fall apart if i try to ride it too much...dude do yourself a favor and get a bike that is designed for a larger rider and things will not bend,warp and disintegrate right under your feet.a big part of trials is having the right bike that fits.

Your never to old to ride a kids bike. I bought this for my wife mainly and my kids to grow into it after they grow out of the 12.5 and 16. but you know im going to ride the crap out of it when im not riding my big boy bikes, cant ride those in the basement.... : )

On a side note I just got off the phone with oset. They acknowledge a week point in the older models and said people just weld them on and never look back. They also acknowledged my batteries are shot. I just was not sure what to expect. The rep said he was 300lbs and rides a 24 almost daily and has no issues with the new style welded pegs.

you're preaching to the choir,...we have mini bike competitions in the yard and ride 12" pedal bikes around a preset course. it gives the kids and edge and levels out the playing field.never knew you had a big boys bike that puts some valuable context into the equation.as for the brake pedal i had the same idea...a foot brake would make this a better ride.surprised oset hasn't capitalized on this and offered a kit...i put a longer stem on the 16 to bring the bars closer to the axil and it was a major improvement.the kids like the longer stem too.also if you get bigger disc's the brakes work ten times better...i replaced the 160mm disc with a 180 and its doing endo's no problem.before it was weak and lame...